Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this computer work ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Asus laptop. Here are the specs:

Processor Name: Intel Core i5-42100 cpu
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1
RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GEFORCE 820m

Can I run Dolphin well on this?
What games are you planning on playing?

You mean i5-4210M? I'm assuming you have a laptop there? I have an i5-4200M.
(12-31-2014, 10:20 AM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]What games are you planning on playing?

You mean i5-4210M? I'm assuming you have a laptop there? I have an i5-4200M.

I plan to run Gamecube games

and yes I was wrong sorry
Not all of them, of course. Specify the titles first.
(12-31-2014, 11:00 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Not all of them, of course. Specify the titles first.

for example Call od Duty, Luigi's Mansions and some mario games
Your good for Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine. I don't know about Call of Duty as I don't have that game, however, I'v heard it is considered a heavy game so you may experience slowdowns with that CPU.

Since your mobile rig is a little bit more powerful than mines I'm going to recommend the following: You should be good up to 2xIR on lightweight games such as you specified, with the exception of Call of Duty. Grab the latest development build in the Downloads section on top of this page, activate high performance mode when using Dolphin on your Control Panel, and keep the power plugged in. You should be good to go.
(12-31-2014, 11:48 AM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]Your good for Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine. I don't know about Call of Duty as I don't have that game, however, I'v heard it is considered a heavy game so you may experience slowdowns with that CPU.

Since your mobile rig is a little bit more powerful than mines I'm going to recommend the following: You should be good up to 2xIR on lightweight games such as you specified, with the exception of Call of Duty. Grab the latest development build in the Downloads section on top of this page, activate high performance mode when using Dolphin on your Control Panel, and keep the power plugged in. You should be good to go.

where is a power plugged
The power cord, make sure the power cable is plugged in to the wall.
(12-31-2014, 12:18 PM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]The power cord, make sure the power cable is plugged in to the wall.

Thank you for your quick replies Smile