Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Strange Framerate Slowdowns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently I've been getting these very strange framerate slowdowns and I can't figure out what the problem could be. Basically it will alternate between running perfectly at 60fps for about 5 seconds, and running at 30fps or less for another 5 seconds. The strange part is that when I enabled the show fps option in dolphin, it consistently reports 60fps, even during the slowdown period. It becomes very noticeable in games like Super Smash Bros Melee to the point where I can't play correctly. I tried to record it to see if it would show up in a recording, but while recording it seemed to permanently run at 30fps or less, but the whole time dolphin was reporting 60fps.

Anyone know what would cause something like this?

EDIT: Turns out it was because I had the framelimit set on Audio. After setting it to Auto, the game runs fine. Sorry for the pointless thread.
This is not a pointless thread. This is just another reminder on why we removed audio framelimiter in latest dev builds.