Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Last Story best configuration graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hamood_d10

First i read the guide in here
but it didn't help
im getting lags in game either when the video come or in battle
i tried to search for some configuration still im getting lags
this is the first time im using this awesome emulator
First of all...

hamood_d10's profile Wrote:Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 4.0.2

Use the latest development version on the mainsite. That's 4.0-4839 as of this writing. Dolphin has gotten WAY faster of late, and is the fastest it has ever been. The Last Story needs every bit of it.

As for the configuration, there isn't a lot that can be done, sadly. It's an extremely demanding game. The gameini will have the best defaults and that's kind of it. Overclock if you can, use the latest dev build, and don't turn on any silly demanding settings like DSP LLE, and that's pretty much all you can do.
You should use the latest dolphin dev build with d3d, keep ir low at 2x or 3x and overclock your cpu to at least 4,2 ghz. Otherwise use the default settings, there is not much more you can do, it is among the most demanding dolphin games. I would also suggest to disable vsync since frame drops are common and it will make them way worse than they are.

hamood_d10

OK i did and its far better as you said
but still i get little tiny lag
and i dont know best configuration since the wiki is outdated
The wiki is not outdated. There is no magic configuration to make it go faster, and the options there are all for compatibility anyway.

This is the most demanding game Dolphin can play. Do not expect miracles, and do not expect it to automatically run nice and smoothly as most games do. Even the absolute latest Core i7 Haswell extreme computers overclocked to the max are going to encounter some slowdown, it is THAT demanding!

hamood_d10

(12-28-2014, 02:35 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]The wiki is not outdated. There is no magic configuration to make it go faster, and the options there are all for compatibility anyway.

This is the most demanding game Dolphin can play. Do not expect miracles, and do not expect it to automatically run nice and smoothly as most games do. Even the absolute latest Core i7 Haswell extreme computers overclocked to the max are going to encounter some slowdown, it is THAT demanding!

WOW thats unexpected but thx
it runs fine now, hers my configuration if someone google for it
Im using Dolphin 4.0-4843 x64