Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: If i install a HD texture pack to Vwii console?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well i know it's a pretty obvious answer but id like a pros opinion on it.

now what will happen if i install a HD texture on the vWii console? will it lag? or will i crash? 
now i know the Wii U is said "Not to upscale games in vWii mode" but i cant help but think thats not true. with the hdmi cable alone thats to say the the image quality is going to be better, and not to mention that some games support progressive scan, that allows the graphics to go from 480i to 480p. While hardly noticeable to most theres is a small difference. i have played some GC games on my vWii and with a small widescreen mod and progressive scan i say it looks a lot better, and some of my friends agree as well.

but long story short what do you think is going to happen if install those HD textures to my vWii?
Uh, how do you plan on installing these textures?
(12-26-2014, 07:31 PM)xdarkmario Wrote: [ -> ]now what will happen if i install a HD texture on the vWii console? will it lag? or will i crash? 
Yes, probably.
(12-26-2014, 07:31 PM)xdarkmario Wrote: [ -> ]now i know the Wii U is said "Not to upscale games in vWii mode" but i cant help but think thats not true.
It is true. Regular Wiis support progressive scan too. HDMI support doesn't have anything to do with resolution, and you can get similar results using component cables on a regular Wii anyway.
(12-26-2014, 11:05 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, how do you plan on installing these textures?
either using file patch code or directly Injecting to iso
(12-26-2014, 11:19 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2014, 07:31 PM)xdarkmario Wrote: [ -> ]now what will happen if i install a HD texture on the vWii console? will it lag? or will i crash? 
Yes, probably.

(12-26-2014, 07:31 PM)xdarkmario Wrote: [ -> ]now i know the Wii U is said "Not to upscale games in vWii mode" but i cant help but think thats not true.
It is true. Regular Wiis support progressive scan too. HDMI support doesn't have anything to do with resolution, and you can get similar results using component cables on a regular Wii anyway.
yea forgot about the component cables, although hdmi can display lower resolutions it looks a bit sharper on hdmi