Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stuttering in game with an OC'd 4670k?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I recently have been having a strange problem with Dolphin where I get these lag spikes. They happen in both Sonic Colors and Sonic and the Black Knight, so I assume they would happen in most games. Here's a video of the problem: http://youtu.be/66BfG_E8c3Y

The lag spikes happen about 18 seconds in, the rest of the video is just included to show how it runs the rest of the time. MSI Afterburner is up in the top left to monitor CPU/GPU usage and temps. The games run perfectly if not for the random spikes which occur. It's definitely not related to the GPU because the same thing happens regardless of the graphics settings. The spikes don't always occur at the same places, but they can.

The issue seems very similar to the one described here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ra...lag-spikes

I've tried everything I can think of including using Dolphin 4.0.2. (last stable), x86, x64 builds, latest dev builds, vsync on, vsync off, framelimit 60, framelimit 30, framelimit auto, disabling hdd caching, playing from external hdd, etc.

System:

Core i5 4670k @ 4.3 GHz
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Windforce 4 GB
8 GB DDR3 1600
CX600M
Win 7 x64

Thanks for the help.
"This video is private . Sorry about that"
(12-21-2014, 09:58 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]"This video is private . Sorry about that"

Oops, sorry about that. It should be fixed now.
Sorry to be a bother but I'm still having this issue. Is anybody else experiencing this or maybe knows how to fix it?

Thanks Sad
if it's shadercache, nothing can be done currently.
How can I tell if it's shadercache or not?
Go back and play the same area twice. If there's no stutter the second time, it's shader cache
Sometimes it does happen at the same spots, but usually not unless I restart my computer or Dolphin.
I'd recommend you to up your voltage a bit. Stuttering happens when overclocked cpu don't have enough voltage.
I don't think that's the problem because it happens with no OC (stock clock, stock voltage) and it doesn't happen in any game or application aside from Dolphin. In fact, the stuttering I was getting in Dolphin is a major part of the reason I finally decided to try to OC my CPU. That, along with some lag in Crysis 3 (which the OC actually fixed). Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it!
Pages: 1 2