Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident evil remake GC config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jippy91

hey everone im new to the fourms and i have several games such as pokemon resident evil remake and zero also a few more and well they all work amazingly but resident evil remake it runs good but its slow and the voices are early b4 the anamation whats a good config to get working good i have the Asusg51 laptop aka a powerfull comp so i no this laptop can emulate this to the fullest if it can emulate ps2 100 percent than i can get this working ....

thanks in advance everone
saying I HAZ GOOD COMP doesnt help us, post cpu, gpu, ram, os. also there is a thread about resident evil

jippy91

Gaming SeriesYesProcessor BrandIntel®Processor PlatformIntel® Centrino® 2ProcessorIntel® Core™2 Duo MobileProcessor Speed2.0GHzDisplay TypeWXGA widescreen with 1366 x 768 resolutionScreen Size15.6"System Bus1066MHzCache Memory3MB on die Level 2System Memory (RAM)4GBType of Memory (RAM)PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAMHard Drive TypeSerial ATA (7200 rpm)Hard Drive Size320GBOptical DriveDouble-layer DVD±RW/CD-RWOptical Drive SpeedsDrive speeds not specifiedDirect-Disc LabelingNoDigital Media Reader or SlotsYes, digital media card readerGraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 260MVideo Memory1GB DDR3

and hpw bout that link to the resident evil page

cmccmc

um the ps2 is much weeker than the gamecube so the gamecube is alot harder to emulate
and 2.0ghz is not powerful enough
sorry
PS2, I believe, is a lot more work than Gamecube because of its many components like VUs, SPU, GS, CPU, FPU. PCSX2 has a lot more hacks and optimizations than Dolphin, dolphin still needs some fruity optimizations like caching more data because most of the bottlenecks come from the CPU spending time on decoding and streaming data more than the actual PPC code execution.