Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't start up Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently got Dolphin on my laptop to see if I could have a better time playing a few games of mine. I loved it, so I decided to move the emulator to my desktop when I got home. However, when I tried starting it up on my desktop, I got an error message.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

I looked online and several places said to re install Direct X and Visual C++, but that hasn't worked. Can someone help?
Download the installer for one of the post-4.0 stable releases, and install it. This will also install all of Dolphin's dependencies. You can then use your normal build without problems.
I downloaded the installer, ran it, and it finished with no error. I tried to start Dolphin up, and the same error came up. Am I doing something wrong?
From the FAQ:
Quote:"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"
This type of error usually only happens when trying to run a 64 bit Dolphin build, with 32 bit builds working perfectly fine. When people see one of the error messages about vcomp100.dll or xinput1_3.dll missing they often download 32 bit builds of these files from the internet and expect them to work fine with 64 bit applications.

If you're suffering from this issue, make sure to delete any manually downloaded DLL files which are stored in your system paths and in the path where the Dolphin binary is stored and reinstall them with the proper runtime installers instead.

Are you sure you installed VC++ redistributable and DirectX End-User Runtimes?
I just reinstalled all of the VC++ Redistributables from 2005-2013 and the DirectX runtime says that no installation is necessary.
But did you install the 32-bit or the 64-bit ones?
I installed both x32 and x64.
Tried installing SP1?
What do you mean?
You need to have SP1 for W7 installed for better experience.
Pages: 1 2