Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issue with Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Neirene

Hello everyone i'm new to the forums! , i've been trying in the last couple of days to find a solution for a very strange problem that is happening to me after i've upgraded to Windows 8.1 not so long ago.

The problem i'm having is with Phantasy Star Online EP1&2 Plus (JPN version) when i'm trying to connect online with the game the emulator just crashes and i've tried using the very latest development builds without luck.

I've already set up the BBA adaptor option and the virtual network adaptor in the computer with openVPN as usual like I did when I had windows 7 just a few weeks ago and never ran into issues. My guess is that Windows 8 is messing around somewhere that isn't letting the game access the online mode and instead just crashes the emulator when entering the lobby with a "Dolphin stopped working.." message.

And once i try to debug the issue with VS it just shows a weird exeption message on the debug console refering to a forbidden location. I already tried changing some file permisions on my drives thinking that could be the issue but to no avail...

http://pastebin.com/DWPUkDfK

I also tried with my own dumps of both versions of the game and still no luck connecting it was working before on windows 7, now it doesn't on windows 8 so definitvely is something in the operating system but sadly I don't know what it could be.

The dolphin revision i'm using is Dolphin 4.0-4563 x64
The dolphin log:
http://pastebin.com/VaFziqEB

Computer specs are in my profile altough i've never had an issue on the hardware side...

I really don't know what else i can do to fix this. Very sorry for the long post Σ(・ω・ノ)ノ
Does the issue still happen in the latest dev builds (4.0-4603 as of writing this)?

Neirene

Just tested it and it still crashes Σ(・ω・ノ)ノ
Looks like I'll have to go grab my disk and dump it to run some tests, although its the english version so it may not share the same bug....

Anther thing I meant to ask: when I was rooting around in the pastebin of yours, I was saw some issues I may be able to solve, and some other things I have questions on.
1) are you keeping games on an external drive? I saw different drives show up and was wondering.
2) have you tried creating a portable copy of Dolphin? what I mean by that is that it doesn't use the Global directory from the old Dolphin info. What you can test by is in the folder with the Dolphin.exe, create a blank .txt file with the name "portable.txt" Try that out

Neirene

Hello KHg8m3r! sorry for the late answer i've been busy with xmas stuff Σ(・ω・ノ)ノ

Today i've decided to try again and I uninstalled everything including OpenVPN and redownloaded it from their website, installed the TAP adapter and also downloaded today's build of dolphin which is the 4699 that i'm using atm, ran the game again and this time it doesn't connects at all! the gamecube isn't picking up the TAP adaptor and it appears as disconected always in the network adapter window so I don't know what could be wrong this time.

I tried with the portable.txt method but same issue now the BBA cannot even connect to the tap adaptor to request an IP address so now i have 2 problems to take care of instead of one.

[Image: M8pWV7.png]