Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Frame Dump at Higher IR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
More frame dump questions because I'm a noob. Frame dumps are only output at the resolution of the window, correct? Let's say I have a 1920x1080 monitor (which I do)--how could I dump frames at 4x (or higher) IR considering my fullscreen window can't reach that size?
You can't without hacking dolphin to allow making the window bigger than your screen.
How feasible is that? I'm not that knowledgeable, but if it's something relatively simple, I could give it a try. Also, isn't that a bit of a glaring restriction?
(12-13-2014, 08:56 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]How feasible is that? I'm not that knowledgeable, but if it's something relatively simple, I could give it a try. Also, isn't that a bit of a glaring restriction?
Pretty straight forward. This should do the trick:

Code:
diff --git a/Source/Core/DolphinWX/Main.cpp b/Source/Core/DolphinWX/Main.cpp
index 1a1378c..14d4634 100644
--- a/Source/Core/DolphinWX/Main.cpp
+++ b/Source/Core/DolphinWX/Main.cpp
@@ -281,7 +281,7 @@ bool DolphinApp::OnInit()

// The following is not needed with X11, where window managers
    // do not allow windows to be created off the desktop.
-#ifdef _WIN32
+#if 0
    // Out of desktop check
    int leftPos = GetSystemMetrics(SM_XVIRTUALSCREEN);
    int topPos = GetSystemMetrics(SM_YVIRTUALSCREEN);
@@ -300,6 +300,7 @@ bool DolphinApp::OnInit()
                UseDebugger, BatchMode, UseLogger);
    SetTopWindow(main_frame);
    main_frame->SetMinSize(wxSize(400, 300));
+    main_frame->SetMaxSize(wxSize(999999,999999));

AfterInit();

(12-14-2014, 04:18 AM)Dan_Tsukasa Wrote: [ -> ]I mean outside of taking screenshots, why would you want something thats a lot larger than your monitor?

Since you didn't bother to read the OP, to record a video.
Thanks a lot for the code, but I don't exactly know how to use it--would I need to download the source code, modify it, and then rebuild it? Because honestly, I've never done anything like that, and it seems excessive/not worth the trouble to enlist the help of a developer to that extent just so I can make a video look a little better. Thanks for your assistance either way.
Quote:would I need to download the source code, modify it, and then rebuild it?
Yeah, there's a build guide on github, it's not hard.