Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transfer saved games in 3.0 to latest version.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was using 3.0 because of the motion+.

Now I got a real controller and I can use the latest dolphing version with it, but my Skyward Sword's saves are on the old one.

How do I transfer my saves to the new version?

Thank you in advance!
Look for the saves where you have the old Dolphin version. After you install latest dev, go to My Documents/Dolphin Emulator and copy over all the folders from the old location. You know, the "Cache" folder, "GC" folder, and everything else.
It worked!
Thank you very much!!!!

I'm testing the new version now.... The graphics are way better! But whenever I'm in skyloft or any other big area, the sound gets very slow. The FPS remains 30 (100%) though.
That is weird and did not happened in the old version =/
What do you mean by "low"? You are referring to sound crackling, any kind of slowdown, or simply low volume? Low volume is an issue known for most games that use the new syncronous HLE.
(12-09-2014, 11:38 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "low"? You are referring to sound crackling, any kind of slowdown, or simply low volume? Low volume is an issue known for most games that use the new syncronous HLE.

Slowdown. It slows the game for a few secs and then it comes back on. Usually the FPS drops to 29. Rarely it gets to 21-ish... (sorry, I was wrong when I said it didn't drop the FPS, on my previous post).

HLE? Would be faster if I change to LLE? Is there anything I can do to fix that?
If the slowdowns are only instant, then it´s the shader cache that is generating itself. And HLE is actually faster than LLE.
So, is there anything I could do to improve speed?

Or this shader is a ingame natural improvement that I can't turn off?

Also I noticed that when the game is in window mode and I keep a small window, it runs without slowing down at all...
Do you have your IR set to auto?

And shader cache can't be turned off. Every time Dolphin encounters a new shader, it saves the shader to the cache. The next time it hits that shader, it loads from the cache and is faster than having to compute it all over again. Devs are looking into how to get rid of the stutter.
(12-10-2014, 12:30 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have your IR set to auto?

And shader cache can't be turned off. Every time Dolphin encounters a new shader, it saves the shader to the cache. The next time it hits that shader, it loads from the cache and is faster than having to compute it all over again. Devs are looking into how to get rid of the stutter.

If IR = Interal resolution, then it is Auto (window size).

About the shader, Idk what/where should I look for it (graphics menu?). The only thing that says "cache" here is this "EFB Copies". It is not disabled ("disable" box is unchecked) and it is in "texture" option.
The shaders that the game usess are loaded in a hidden way by Dolphin, you can´t look for them. If what you´re asking is for the shader cache file, then it´s on Documents/Dolphin Emulator/ShaderCache. The safe texture cache (which may be the other thing you are referring to) works for EFB to RAM only, I think. It is used to correct some slowdowns on a small number of games in case they need to use EFB to RAM instead of Texture.
Pages: 1 2