Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best config for 4.0-45xx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

silk186

I haven't played in wii in a while and I'm thinking about finishing skyward sword and giving last story a try.
I game 24" at 1080p

i5-2500k@4.2
280x 3gb (stock)
DDR3-1600 8gb
Samsung 830 SSD

I've read up a bit and heard many improvements have been made. What are the best setting if I'm targeting 100%speed with 40-60 fps average and running the latest development version. I want it to look good but if a slight reduction in EQ translated to a significant performance increase I don't mind. I realize I don't have the newest hardware the highest OC. I could push the OC a bit if necessary as I'm currently running at stock voltage but I'm not prepared to upgrade my CPU at this time. I haven't changed my settings since 4.0 and it seems that 4.0.2 guides won't be suitable for the newer builds. Does a thread exist with frequesntly updated settings for high, medium and low end rigs?

Lastly, I can I set up dolphin to automatically check and update to the latest version on start-up?
Apart from overclocking, try with the lowest IR possible and use HLE. And EFB to Texture.
There's no built-in way to auto update Dolphin, but I did make an unofficial auto update method for Dolphin.