Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Frame Dump File Split Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to make Dolphin not split frame dumps after a certain amount of bytes? I always end up with like 20 files, and I seem to recall at some point in development there was a setting for when to split files, but I can't find that setting in current Dolphin.
Use a codec that handles it, such as x264vfw.
So the answer is that I can't choose to keep the file unsplit if I export uncompressed?
Why would you do that...
(12-07-2014, 04:18 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]So the answer is that I can't choose to keep the file unsplit if I export uncompressed?

x264vfw supports lossless video if you want the same quality as uncompressed. There's also lagarith lossless video. Is there a specific reason you want to record uncompressed?
I suppose not. It's just that I'll be putting it through a video editor and then onto YouTube, for example, so I don't want to compress it multiple times. But true, I could export lossless. Except when I tried that, it still split the video--is there an option I'm missing somewhere?
(12-10-2014, 09:38 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose not. It's just that I'll be putting it through a video editor and then onto YouTube, for example, so I don't want to compress it multiple times. But true, I could export lossless. Except when I tried that, it still split the video--is there an option I'm missing somewhere?

I was actually wondering the same thing :/

Hopefully someone knows what to do...

EDIT: Hold on, I think I found it just got to test. Smile

EDIT 2: Okay so when using x264vfw you can change the output mode to file. Then just specify the output file and start dumping frames. The only problem that I had was the video was sped up to 60fps for a 30fps game, but that's easy to fix in editing.