Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error while trying to install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the latest build, but when I tried to run the install, I receive the following error:

The image file C:\Documents and Settings\***\***\Dolphin_3972.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine.

I have tried the 64 bit, as well as the 32 bit versions...only to receive the same error.

Windows XP Professional x64
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @3.1GHz
4.00GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
So, Nobody else has received this error?

cmccmc

usually it only happens when your trying to use 64 bit on a 32 bit pc
That's strange, because I have a 64 bit CPU...and my 64 bit OS is running just fine.

I have tried a few previous builds, but they worked (even though they had a few bugs in them).

Besides, that doesn't explain why the 32 bit build gives me the same message.
Just updating my post, to bring it back to life. If anybody has any ideas that make sense, I would like to hear them.

CMCCMC's response was not helpful.

zero298

I'm having this same problem on my system and I too am running 64 bit. I'm trying to load build 3972.
Try 4142, I had problems with 3972 as well, it started okay, but wouldn't play any games, which worked on older versions.
I can't install 3972 either. I have 64bit vista, but the 64bit version won't install. It keeps on saying that the file isn't compatible with 64bit... I tried multiple times, no luck. Maybe they accidentally uploaded the 32bit version instead of the 64bit one?

Demonight

Same thing happens to me, where can i get 4142? I don't see it on the site, Thanks
There are A LOT of builds here! Try searching forum a bit next time!