Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't believe the progress!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brownittoya

I remember a couple months ago, with my ol' slapped together build of an A10-5800k and a 750Ti using 4.0-2500 or so, that i could barely play metroid prime games at 1x resolution at certain times...with more areas than not having less than 60fps. Now i can play super smash bros and metroid prime 1/2 both at 3x resolution without any buggyness at all, nothing is inconsistent or out of the blue i feel(4.0-4434). I feel the emulator is getting really close to a 1:1 ratio of power to performance this time around.

A far more simple, impact-full, ecstatic example (compared to some random quad core AMD APU build) is my laptop (more of a notebook) with an intel celeron @ 1.6Ghz from Q1 or Q2 of the year 2011, i know, way back when.

I really tried playing smash on the laptop around the builds of 3700 or so, needing to set the resolution to 400x320 just to play at 50fps (inconsistent/buggy at times tho sadly). Recently in the past month i could play 60fps at this resolution (400x320) all the way up to 4.0-4366(frame drops persisted on pretty much every level). I booted up 4.0-4434 and WAMBAM full FLUID 60fps on final destination and battlefield (havnt tried others) @ full 1x native resolution (640x528).

Im just so astonished by the progress over the past couple of months and especially this last month for the emulator and just wanted to show how appreciative i am towards all the contributors.

*Edit: Went balls out today and set resolution to 4x native on PC with build 4488 and getting 60fps 100% of the time only having very slight hiccups when transitioning in Melee (stage select etc...) I couldnt believe i'd get to this point with a mid-tier 2 year old AMD APU...
unbelieveable, right? but here it is.Me too. Surprised by the progress all the contributors have made.They are really having a sharp mind. Miracle in emulator's history, isn't it?
Tino is also making some great progress with his unofficial build:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version

Much faster than before, synced with master, OpenGL is working again and it's almost free of of bugs / issues.