Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New stable version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got many issues in many games on dolphin and every development version has it one problems. 4.0.2 is really really old.
There will be a new stable version in the future ?
You do realize that a new stable version is built from the latest development build, right?
(12-02-2014, 02:01 AM)Viking Wrote: [ -> ]I got many issues in many games on dolphin and every development version has it one problems. 4.0.2 is really really old.
There will be a new stable version in the future ?

Yeah, provide us with some details on some of the problems you've been having with a game? I play a wide variety of games on the dolphin and each month has made greater improvements towards compatibility and performance with the games I play. Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 run pretty much full speed for me since 2 months ago. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has been full speed since August or July's development releases...can't remember. Most of the other games have been pretty good since 4.0.2. Also, Metroid Trilogy is becoming a lot more playable...although I still have sound and stuttering issues...which is probably related to my CPU bottlenecking things.

All in all, I think it's a safe bet that whatever game you're playing will see some kind of improvement if you use the latest development builds. Still, it wouldn't hurt if you clued us in on at least 1 of the problems you're specifically finding.

But while we're on the topic...just out of curiosity, is there a process the Dolphin team go through before you guys decide on a stable release? Like is there an X amount of a pulls quota to meet....or an X amount of performance or accuracy gain? Once again, just curious...feel free to answer or not. I'm happy with the development builds.
It's either milestone current or milestone next that needs to be completed: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...ells=tiles
When I ask you, I don't get an answer, (like in the smash brawl thread or the game ini settings thread)
(12-02-2014, 05:06 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]It's either milestone current or milestone next that needs to be completed: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...ells=tiles

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Vimm

I'd love to see a new release too, the progress reports sound amazing. As an emulation site owner it's not practical to host nightly builds so I stick with official releases, and there has been a ton of progress over the past year.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Either host every 100 or so version numbers, or just host the latest build every week or so. You will need to watch out, if there's a severe bug, you may want to push the revert/fix.