Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No Microphone option in Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to test a game for the wiki (Densetsu no Quiz ou Ketteisen) which requires having the GC microphone to start, but under Config>GameCube the memory card slots only list <Nothing>, Dummy, Memory Card, USBGecko, and GCI Folder. I was pretty sure that Dolphin had mic support and I don't really need a functional mic, just a dummy to get past a warning screen. Any help getting a mic set up would be appreciated.

This is using 4.0-4394 on Linux by the way, it's probably just a Linux issue but I thought it'd be a good idea to ask anyways.

I attached the screen where the game softlocks as well if that helps. I can't read Japanese so I don't know exactly what it's saying but I'm pretty sure it wants a microphone in slot B.
Yes, the option is still there in the latest revision 4.0-4414. It does not look like it needs a PC microphone for it to function.

The Dolphin microphone code needs the PortAudio library installed on your system before you compile the build.
I see the message now during compile. Which version of PortAudio does it need? I've tried both packages portaudio19-dev and libportaudio-dev with their dependencies from the Ubuntu repositories and both times on compile it still says I don't have PortAudio installed and that it removed mic support. Do you know a specific package that works?