Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: new version of dolphin cpu waste
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ramja_Jet

I want to try and help the developers if I can and I have noticed the reason why the older builds of dolphin run so much faster for me. When doing some checking, the more current 4.0 builds are only using about 30% of my cpu (intel i5-3340 4th gen quad core at 3.1ghz -win 7 64bit pro) where as the old builds of 3.0 and before run at more respectable 60% or more, giving me near constant 25 fps at X2 resolution. If only the newer builds could take more advantage of my pc then perhaps they would be as fast if not faster than the older models. Any ideas to help?

If there is someplace better to put this please move it as I am new here and have no idea where this should go, preferably for the devs to see. I hope this helps.

Then again I just looked at my 3.0 790 version and it's only running at about 20% cpu with 30 fps constant, so maybe I don't know anything. However, an other interesting thing I've noticed is whether running on multi-cores or one thread it makes no difference on the speed of the emulation.

It is just too bad that the emulator uses so little of my cpu but can't get up to full speed at X2, or even at X3 or 4 resolution, which would be much more preferred.
It's probably your Intel HD graphics bottlenecking your computer more than your CPU.
@OP Your Intel HD 4000 can handle up to 1.5xIR
Any more than that will slowdown emulation speed
If you want to play games at high res , you will have to buy a graphic card . Sth like EVGA GTX 750 will do