Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stereoscpic 3D Side by Side OGL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, ive been waiting with great anticipation for this to finally merge, now that is has I can't seem to find a way to enable it. I updated my dolphin to the latest SVN where this feature was merged and I went through the OGL menus and simply can't find a way to enable this. Is there some command line option required to get this thing to turn on?
We've disabled it for now. There's a second merge coming that will add more features + D3D support.

The main reason we merged it is to prevent merge conflicts for Armada in the future.
WAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! WHY GOD WHY!!!... *Sniffle* (<JK)

Smile I guess ill just have to wait for the fixes then. Ive been following this one since I saw it on GITHUB and have been just chomping at the bit to use it. D3D using Tridef is "OK" but leaves a LOT to be desired considering the massive performance hit I take on my modest PC. I had a renter move out owing me almost a grand and so I now have this spiffy 3DTV that frankly doesn't really interest me. My heart was simply broken when Anaglyph 3D was deprecated and have yearned for a feasible way to do dolphin in 3D ever since. Anaglyph was really nice because it didn't seem to bog my machine down like the other methods. From what I have read in the PR it seems this feature will have a minimal effect as well so when it merged I just got so darn excited! I guess patience is a virtue, I still cant wait to see how this one turns out.

As always a general thank you for your time.
Keep up the good work everyone!
Yeah; sorry. This is just a precaution to make things easier on people as we transition the feature in.
(11-29-2014, 09:45 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah; sorry. This is just a precaution to make things easier on people as we transition the feature in.

Quite alright, I have been playing with dolphin since 1.0 and update my REV at least twice a week. I have seen this emulator blossom and grow into something truly impressive. The simple fact all the devs give of their own time for our pure simple pleasure is beyond me and I couldn't be happier. Heck, my 2 year old sons first words were Ma' Dady and Mario thanks to dolphin. All I can say is Good going and I do hope to see what the future holds for dolphin and its many features.
I am really excited to see this merged. I tried using my 3d vision 2 with dolphin, but there are enough little issues like the shadows in Luigi's Mansion and having to crank the effect all the way down in Twilight Princess that I decided to hold off once I saw this update in the works. It's going to be awesome once D3D support is added. It's a shame nvidia is keeping their opengl support behind their professional products paywall.
(11-29-2014, 01:15 PM)TSM Wrote: [ -> ]I am really excited to see this merged. I tried using my 3d vision 2 with dolphin, but there are enough little issues like the shadows in Luigi's Mansion and having to crank the effect all the way down in Twilight Princess that I decided to hold off once I saw this update in the works. It's going to be awesome once D3D support is added. It's a shame nvidia is keeping their opengl support behind their professional products paywall.

Ya I agree. AMD seem to not care much at all about stereo 3D in the first place. They advertise it as supporting 3D but ONLY with third party converter software, Tridef being the only one still under development I could find at all. Its kinda sad really, borderland 2 works OK with it but Dolphin, THAT is what I want to see in 3D... Dolphin is running on my PC every single day so that is really the only thing id ever really want 3D with.
So how do I enable it? I really need to test it.

Does anyone want to merge Dolphin VR to prevent conflicts in the future? Because we keep getting conflicts where we implement something, and then Dolphin reimplements it in a different incompatible way. For example, 3D, freelook hotkeys, 10-bit accelerometers.
It's not ready for merge yet, I have to get your single-pass 3D working on the Rift.
I believe there is a comit hiding the UI. If you revert that, then it'll all show up and be functional. Another trick would to go into a bild where stereo is enabled, and then load up master, and then it'll show up too.
OK, I've got it working in Dolphin VR. With the convergence at max, and the separation at about .4 it works well enough to play. The speed is pretty good too.
I just had to move glBindFramebuffer(GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER, 0); out of m_post_processor->BlitFromTexture so the same function can be used to blit to the 2D eye framebuffers. Hopefully that means post-processing shaders can actually be used in Dolphin VR now (they weren't implemented before).
Now I just need to separate the separation into two separate parameters, one for the shear and one for the camera movement, and in VR mode I need to set the three parameters programmatically to match the Oculus SDK, rather than using the ones the user sets (there's no such thing as separation and convergence in VR, because VR has to match exactly what your eyes would see in the real world).
Pages: 1 2