Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dc-netplay-4.0-652
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off I just want to say thanks for making this verson of dolphin I EXTREMELY appreciate you and love you for this. With this dolphin I'm able to play with enable dual core on with my three buddies and play Naruto clash of ninja revolution 3 with NO DSYNC.

My problem however is literally the smallest thing,

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/c5b...310528b00/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This branch version of dolphin doesn't save wii games, and it wont take wii saves either. I've tested this out to the fullest extent and i used the master branch versions of dolphin and they work with the same exact saved files imported from gamefaqs. Also the master branch dolphins (latest dolphins) can create their own saves of wii games and be loaded again for later dates.

TL;DR

Is there any fix for the DC -NET PLAY branches to save wii games?
If this was fixed, I believe so many more people would play dolphin and support it. Literally the only issue with Netplay (although I know it was experimental) is saving wii games/accepting them.

For those that don't know what DC -NETPLAY branch is, it's a version of dolphin that it lets you connect through using a player ID rather than having to use portfowarding methods or hamachi.

EX :
[Image: htitlk.png]
Part of how it works is by disabling Wii saves. Comex would have to maek a tre Wii NAND sync before it could actually save/load wii saves.
Is there a point in the DC Netplay branch anymore? I thought it was made obsolete a few weeks ago?
DC-netplay branch still does stuff that Dolphin master doesn't for syncing. In essence it is still easier to sync certain things on it.

1: GC Memcards are actually synced over netplay. That's pretty neat.
2: Wii NAND+ Wiimotes are disabled on netplay; making netplay easier for Wii titles.

We have a Pull Request that does number 2 on the way; minus disabling Wiimotes since we want to fix that.
(11-29-2014, 02:45 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Part of how it works is by disabling Wii saves. Comex would have to maek a tre Wii NAND sync before it could actually save/load wii saves.

Does this mean it's impossible? Is it hard to do? Would it take too much time to make? Can I pay him to make it?
It's hard to do, not impossible.
(11-29-2014, 06:06 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to do, not impossible.
Is there a way I can reach him or perhaps hint him? I mean this Dolphin 4.0 652 is like, REALLY good. I'm surprised it was left behind. With the fix of the wii saves this dolphin can easily be the most played.
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Sad Sad Sad bump