Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crashing on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ShockingTruth

Howdy, I just reinstalled windows on my comp, and afterwards transferred just about everything from my old drive to the new one, and in the process, Dolphin completely crashes upon starting the exe.

In an attempt to fix this, I deleted all traces of dolphin on my computer, tried again, and still got the same results.

If specs matter, I'm on a
i5 4670k @ 3.40
8 gb ram
Fairly standard stuff.

I attempted to find an answer to this, however all I found via multiple search queries was what seems to be a different common issue, which is crashing upon starting a game - my problem is NOT this.

The only thing I could attribute it to would be the lack of certain necessary components for dolphin that would be absent after a fresh windows install, but that is complete speculation and I'm no computer tech. If anyone has a possible solution, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks. (y)
You are probably missing the VC Runtime files. First try using the dolphin installer (Dolphin 4.0.2 https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ ) and then upgrading the installed version to the latest development version.
Also check out the DirectX Web updater, and make sure you have all the Windows updates installed (even optional ones, but not bing crap)