Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: my monster gaming pc lags when emulating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

marshedpotato

i built a monster gaming pc that can run all newest games on ultra settings without even trying. here are the specs:

intel i7 4770k
16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz/s
asus maximus vi hero board
gigabyte nvidea gtx 760 4gb card
corsair rm850 psu

i can run newer games on 200+ fps but when i try and play twilight princess i get about 21 and it lags really bad and it makes the music all choppy Sad
am i doing something wrong or do i need an (even) better pc?

thanks everybody

brad
Twilight Princess is a demanding game that has a bottleneck due to CPU to GPU communication. Your best bet is using the the twilight princess patch in the game properties/patches page.

marshedpotato

(11-25-2014, 05:38 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Twilight Princess is a demanding game that has a bottleneck due to CPU to GPU communication. Your best bet is using the the twilight princess patch in the game properties/patches page.

hi jmc, thanks a lot, really appreciate your reply.
where do i find the game properties menu? i'm struggling to see it. sorry if i'm being stupid.
Ah, sorry, no, that's my fault for not mentioning it. You right click the game in the gamelist, then go to the properties option. From there, a window will pop up with a bunch of tabs; you need to go to patches.

marshedpotato

(11-25-2014, 06:11 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, sorry, no, that's my fault for not mentioning it. You right click the game in the gamelist, then go to the properties option. From there, a window will pop up with a bunch of tabs; you need to go to patches.

ah, working much better now thankyou. runs at 100% consistantly if i keep the window default size (quite small) but drops to 60% speed if i maximise. oh well, beggars cant be choosers. thanks a lot JMC!
You should be able to hit 4x IR in fullscreen with that GPU/CPU combo. Post pictures of your Graphics tabs so we can see why you're getting slowdowns.
Can't hit 4x IR on Twilight Princess. Have you tried setting it to 3x/2x IR and then maximizing? That may provide a better image quality and let you see the big screen.
TP is that demanding that it can't go 4x even on a GTX 760?

marshedpotato

(11-25-2014, 04:36 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]TP is that demanding that it can't go 4x even on a GTX 760?

apologies for the delay in response.

i see from your bio you have the 770 card. are you able to run twilight princess at 100% with a fullscreen window?
Correction, its the 770M, as I have a laptop Tongue It has similar performance to a GTX 650 Ti/660 depending on how it is configured.
Running at 4x IR, I can get fullspeed in the overworld, and just under fullspeed in Faron Woods (which is related to the Hyrule field issue, but that could be related to my CPU not being enough to reach fullspeed, since I'm not using Turbo Mode)
Pages: 1 2