Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin emulator + Nvidia 3D Vision?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TwinsensBrain

I have been trying to get this to work for a while now and I have the impression that it should work. But I have hit a small snag.

It appears that Nvidia 3D vision will only activate with a fullscreen mode game. This does not include borderless windowed fullscreen which is fantastic for multitasking, multimonitor and whatnot, but it disables the possibility of 3D. I've tried to look for a way to have Dolphin run truly fullscreen but I can't find a way.

Someone said that in the last tab you can disable the borderless fullscreen and that way go normal fullscreen but I can't find such an option.

Does anyone know a remedy?

Edit: Also heard that Nvidia added Doplhin to a blacklist for 3D so it won't even try to use 3D with it but I'm using the renaming Doplhin.exe to Dirt2.exe or other -workaround to get past it.
Background information: I have Dolphin fully working with a real Wiimote that has the Wii MotionPlus built into it. Connected using an Asus Atheros bluetooth device that I have forced the toshiba bluetooth drivers onto. Also have the Nvidia 3D vision 2 kit with glasses, IR emitter and 2 144 Hz screens supporting 120 Hz mode to use Nvidia 3D vision.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

It's under the final tab. Must use D3D. I don't think it requires renaming Dolphin.
There's also a Nvidia Inspector custom profile to enable anaglyph without borderless being necessary (fullscreen still needed). I actually think it's more reliable than the new fullscreen non-hack method. Not sure if the hack requires a renamed EXE.

TwinsensBrain

(11-24-2014, 05:38 PM)jimbo1qaz Wrote: [ -> ]It's under the final tab. Must use D3D. I don't think it requires renaming Dolphin.
There's also a Nvidia Inspector custom profile to enable anaglyph without borderless being necessary (fullscreen still needed). I actually think it's more reliable than the new fullscreen non-hack method. Not sure if the hack requires a renamed EXE.
I can't find a "final tab" anywhere. The only fullscreen option I find is in general graphics options and it simply toggles whether to use borderless fullscreen or not.

TwinsensBrain

Anyone know a way to run Doplhin with exclusive fullscreen?
Make sure you're using a development build (currently at 4.0-4252), that your video backend is set to Direct3D and that "Render to main window" and "Borderless fullscreen" are disabled. Then, run your game and press Alt+Enter to get into exclusive fullscreen mode (is what nVidia 3D Vision needs to work with Dolphin). You can also enable "Use fullscreen" to make Dolphin automatically go into exclusive fullscreen mode when booting a game...

TwinsensBrain

(11-25-2014, 12:44 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you're using a development build (currently at 4.0-4252), that your video backend is set to Direct3D and that "Render to main window" and "Borderless fullscreen" are disabled. Then, run your game and press Alt+Enter to get into exclusive fullscreen mode (is what nVidia 3D Vision needs to work with Dolphin). You can also enable "Use fullscreen" to make Dolphin automatically go into exclusive fullscreen mode when booting a game...
It works with 4.0-4252 and those settings! Wow, actual stereoscopic 3D Big Grin
Yeah; I was about to say it was strange that it didn't work for you; it worked without issue for me.