Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3972 Crashes on Logitech RumblePad 2 Selection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From within Dolphin 3972:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1146]

And as soon as I select the RumblePad, Dolphin crashes:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1147]

Is there an earlier version of Dolphin that's compatible with the Logitech RumblePad 2, or perhaps an .ini fix or hack I can do on my side to fix this?

Thanks,

-Greg
I experience similar problems when selecting the second X360 controller in this dialog. In the dropdown menu, I can choose between the 2 connected controllers. But when I try to select the second, Dolphin immediately chrashes.

I'm not sure if this is related, but when I run the game (SSBB), my first controller controls the movements of both controllers. I.e., in the character selection screen, I move the cursors of player 1 and 2 simultaniously with the first controller. The second controller is irresponsive.
When I switch the order of the controllers in the pad configuration dialog, I can move the respective cursors with both controllers in game, but the buttons on the first controller don't respond.

Greg, maybe you could try switching the order of the controllers in the pad configuration dialog. If you plan to use only the Logitech controller.
It may also be worth mentioning that although this problem (Dolphin crashing when trying to configure a second joypad in the Wii Remote Plugin configuration) also occurs in older revs of Dolphin (eg R3286) in those builds I can use both controllers in game without any problems. Copying plugins from older versions didn't work, as did trying the nJoy plugin.
(08-26-2009, 08:23 PM)Echyon Wrote: [ -> ]Greg, maybe you could try switching the order of the controllers in the pad configuration dialog. If you plan to use only the Logitech controller.

Thanks I'll try that. Can you tell me which .ini I need to edit in order to swap the order, or is there a way to do that from within the interface?

-Greg
(08-27-2009, 04:55 AM)gregz Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2009, 08:23 PM)Echyon Wrote: [ -> ]Greg, maybe you could try switching the order of the controllers in the pad configuration dialog. If you plan to use only the Logitech controller.

Thanks I'll try that. Can you tell me which .ini I need to edit in order to swap the order, or is there a way to do that from within the interface?

-Greg

In the interface, select Pad, then switch the number for the pads where it says XInput Pad. I.e., for Controller 1 set the number to 2 and vice versa. I hope it works, considering it says X360 pad.
(08-27-2009, 09:21 PM)Echyon Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2009, 04:55 AM)gregz Wrote: [ -> ]

-Greg

In the interface, select Pad, then switch the number for the pads where it says XInput Pad. I.e., for Controller 1 set the number to 2 and vice versa. I hope it works, considering it says X360 pad.

Unfortunately that control reads:

XInput Pad
(Enable X360 Pad - no pad connected) Where everything in parenthesis is greyed out, and I'm unable to select the check box.

Any ideas on how to force enable detection, or some workaround? I've tried everything I can think of from within the interface.

Thanks,

-Greg
does njoy do the same thing?
(08-28-2009, 06:08 AM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]does njoy do the same thing?

I'm an extreme noob with this emulator, is there a link or procedure you can give me for testing this? I'll post the results.

-Greg
(08-28-2009, 06:11 AM)gregz Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm an extreme noob with this emulator, is there a link or procedure you can give me for testing this? I'll post the results.

-Greg
just open the options for the njoy plugin and do what you are doing here for the wiimote
(08-29-2009, 01:17 AM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2009, 06:11 AM)gregz Wrote: [ -> ]

-Greg
just open the options for the njoy plugin and do what you are doing here for the wiimote

That solution worked, thanks!

-Greg