Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ok so I should run fine... but i'm not :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
took me a while to get the xbox controller configured for Wii games but finally got it except I still have to use the mouse (for example in mario galaxy to move the cursor around) so if somoene could help on that until I get a wireless wii bar that would be great (not going to bother with wii controls till then lol)

But sadly I seem to be running slow. for example in Mario Galaxy during the very beginning I get about 20-24fps when I control mario, then it goes to a cut scene with bowser and it runs silky smooth, then back to controlling mario and it is unbearably slow Sad

my rig is by no means weak and I'm by no means a noob and I know emulation of this system isnt perfect but damn I'm jealous of the other videos I have seen out there running smoooth as silk!

e8400 @ 3.6GHz
4GB mem
ATI 4870
320GB 7200 RPM 16mb cache sata
Vista 32bit
display is a 52" 120HZ 1080p lcd

Almost all drivers are up to date (prob with the exception of my HDMI audio)

I'm planning on moving to win 7 64bit and bumping up to 8gig soon

Maybe cleaning out my system will help when I move to win 7 lol but for now any ideas? I followed the different guides out there for configuration and even tried running at native res but all seem to be about the same speed.

any help would be appreciated!
and btw zelda wind waker runs smooth as silk so go figure lol

MarioMadness

(08-26-2009, 11:24 AM)nintari Wrote: [ -> ]took me a while to get the xbox controller configured for Wii games but finally got it except I still have to use the mouse (for example in mario galaxy to move the cursor around) so if somoene could help on that until I get a wireless wii bar that would be great (not going to bother with wii controls till then lol)

But sadly I seem to be running slow. for example in Mario Galaxy during the very beginning I get about 20-24fps when I control mario, then it goes to a cut scene with bowser and it runs silky smooth, then back to controlling mario and it is unbearably slow Sad

my rig is by no means weak and I'm by no means a noob and I know emulation of this system isnt perfect but damn I'm jealous of the other videos I have seen out there running smoooth as silk!

e8400 @ 3.6GHz
4GB mem
ATI 4870
320GB 7200 RPM 16mb cache sata
Vista 32bit
display is a 52" 120HZ 1080p lcd

Almost all drivers are up to date (prob with the exception of my HDMI audio)

I'm planning on moving to win 7 64bit and bumping up to 8gig soon

Maybe cleaning out my system will help when I move to win 7 lol but for now any ideas? I followed the different guides out there for configuration and even tried running at native res but all seem to be about the same speed.

any help would be appreciated!
and btw zelda wind waker runs smooth as silk so go figure lol

You can always Turn Off Enable Other Audio For More FPS, And Using a Bat File And Gamebooster Should Help Out a bit. And Use FrameSkip

remade Batch Files!!
Dolphin.exe - JIT = http://tinyurl.com/m9ulpe
DolphinIL.exe - JITIL = http://tinyurl.com/kunxfy

Gamebooster

http://tinyurl.com/l27wwl
wow your cpu is fast!
you wouldn't really have any problems with that.
everyone has problems at the beginning of galaxy

always have other audio off

make sure the framelimiter is right for the region/game you are playing (mess with it)

use frameskipper (may or may not help in some cases)
So I pulled the trigger and went to Win 7 64bit the other night, upgraded to 8GB memory.

Running 3972 x64:

I went from 20-24 FPS to 24-30fps in Mario Galaxy but without frame skip 1 it is still slow as molasses.

If I have enable other audio enabled I get audio in cut scenes, disabled I get no audio in cut scenes. However things do run a slight bit faster but still not full speed by any means.

I have tried the framerate limiter to auto, off, 30 and 60, seems like no change Sad

I do not write any of this to say this emulator sucks lol I'm just puzzled as to why I seem to run so much slower as compared to others and yet have a very nicely speced out system.

cmccmc

(09-05-2009, 12:07 AM)nintari Wrote: [ -> ]So I pulled the trigger and went to Win 7 64bit the other night, upgraded to 8GB memory.

Running 3972 x64:

I went from 20-24 FPS to 24-30fps in Mario Galaxy but without frame skip 1 it is still slow as molasses.

If I have enable other audio enabled I get audio in cut scenes, disabled I get no audio in cut scenes. However things do run a slight bit faster but still not full speed by any means.

I have tried the framerate limiter to auto, off, 30 and 60, seems like no change Sad

I do not write any of this to say this emulator sucks lol I'm just puzzled as to why I seem to run so much slower as compared to others and yet have a very nicely speced out system.

what exactly are you comparing it to and you do have dual core enabled right?
probably he is comparing to all the others who play every game with a 2ghz p4 at fullspeed Dodgy

when 90% here lie about the true speed they achieve, its nothing special when guys with good machines fell like "&%$µß§?" when they see how it runs in reality.

@ nintari : your not doing anything wrong.

galaxy is just not playable without frameskip at acceptable speed. (maybe it gets later in the game, didn't try more then first area)

cmccmc

just set framlimiter to 1 and you won't notice a difference or a least i don't
reading around it seems like a lot of people have had slowdowns with more recent builds, I'm goign to try some older builds tonight to test with. anyone know of a good repository of older versions? Maybe it is just a matter of finding the right build for me Smile

cmccmc

older versions have a non working dx plugin and no sound in mario + zelda games