Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GTX 750 Ti vs GTX 970
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the r9 270x but I'm not really satisfied with it, it makes a decent amount of noise. I only went with it cause it was on sale, but now I regret it.

I am thinking of either a GTX 750 Ti or a GTX 970, don't really care about cost at this point, just want the best performance.

Also I would like to say "best performance" in my view is constant 55-60 fps at 1920x1080. I don't know anything about the graphic options other than resolution so I don't worry much about tweaking that stuff just yet, maybe in the future.

CPU is 4690 (returned the K version and got the 4690 on sale, because I will never overclock the CPU).

So my question is: GTX 750 Ti vs GTX 970, absolute best performance if cost doesn't matter?
Why did you buy the loud, hot and power-hungry R9 270X? You should've bought the non-X variant instead.

The R9 270 non-X is a better card in every way possible:

* Optimized for low power consumption (requires only one 6-pin power connector)
* It's the only non-X model of the R-series card that's *not* cut down/crippled. The only differences (compared to the R9 270X) are slightly lowered clock speeds and different power tuning.
* It doesn't come with the loud and crappy reference cooler. All models feature superior non-reference coolers.
* Runs cool and quiet. Almost no noise, even under heavy load.
* Overclocks like a champ, despite the power limit. Every card can reach stable clocks of 1150 / 1500 at stock voltage. That's higher than any 270X.
* It still runs cool and quiet *even when overclocked* and set to run in high-performance mode.
* It's dirt cheap. Cheaper than the 750 Ti, while offering impressive performance for the money.
* It has plenty of power for Dolphin. More than enough for 1080p (3xIR + 4xSSAA), 4K (6xIR) or even 5K (8xIR).
I would go for the 750ti if all you want is 60FPS @1080P
I see, everyone is mostly saying the same thing. I'm not getting the 270 unless it is really cheaper than the 750 ti. Black Friday week is tomorrow, so waiting for it to get the 970/750 ti.
(11-24-2014, 04:49 AM)hamid1455 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not getting the 270 unless it is really cheaper than the 750 ti.

It is (see previous post)
Not at my newegg
750ti is cheaper indeed.
Plus you get tons of really great technology with Nvidia so keep that in mind.
No question about it. I am going nvidia all the way, for now at least.