Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cheapest PC desktop build to run Melee and Project M at 60 FPS with Netplay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

combokid90

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to using Dolphin and I'm trying to gather some information for a friend about a PC (Desktop) build for running Super Smash Bros. Melee and Project M on Dolphin at 60 FPS using Netplay. I'd like to know this: what is the cheapest build to run these games at full speed?

I am unfamiliar with building computers; but still, what exact parts would I need and what is an ideal price of everything that would be needed for the build? Maybe he could get someone to put the parts together for the build or whatever.

Thank you,

combokid90
The Pentium G3258 performs similar in Dolphin to the i5-4690K/i7-4790K when overclocked. Then add a GTX 750 Ti and you can upscale to around 4x original resolution
Pretty much. The Asus H81m-C can get to 4.6ghz. (May be wrong model number.)
Certain H81 boards allow overclocking due to a BIOS update, but others don't. Either do research, or get a Z97 board (more expensive, but more features plus official overclocking support)
I think this would be a good build for around $500.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MWc9yc

If you want to lower the price further, you don't necessarily need a 3rd party cpu cooler, you can replace the hard drive with one with a lower capacity, and you don't need the optical drive if you can put windows on a usb drive for when you install it. I wouldn't really spend less than $450 though.

hotcaptain

If u are based in amazon, black friday sales should be of interest to you.

Otherwise, if you are based in singapore

buy desktop online
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RkJ7ZL

I changed the case to something that is cheap at regular price so you don't even have to fill out rebate forms or type in coupon/promo codes at checkout Big Grin

It's the case I have right now and it is able to fit 4x 120mm fans (it comes with 1 fan) and they work nicely.