Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Configuration issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, first of all thanks for this forum..I have learned quite a bit surfing around here.

I know these are annoying posts but I have tried multiple settings without any luck. I am running Dolphin 4.0-4197. Previously I was running 3.5-367 which ran the games that myself and our kids played great (upgraded for mayflash dolphin bar support). Now it runs slow and the audio is choppy. Could you guys help me determine the optimum settings to run it at its best given my system? I have attached my current settings.

Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel quad core i3-2100 @3.10GHz
Video Card/GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
Memory/RAM: 8 gb
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 4.0-4197
Use 1X IR instead of Window Size. Also, which games were you running?
Thank you for the reply! I tried that and it's still the same. Mario Kart Wii is where I first noticed it but also Super smash bros.
Look for a thread called "Laptop Performance Guide" and try following the steps. Also, make sure you are on High Performance mode in Windows.
Ok, I've gotten things running somewhat better but still nowhere near what it was with 3.5. Is there a configuration guide that walks you through what to "tinker" with and in what order to get the best setup? I would just switch back to 3.5 at this point but I need dolphin bar support and continuous scanning since I am launching from hyperspin.
HyperSpin? Do you have the same performance when opening Dolphin directly?
Yeah, its the same either way