Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Building another system for gift
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I'm getting another system as a gift for someone who likes emulators and doesn't want to deal with consoles. So I decided to build a system for them and basically wanted to ask if anyone has tested or can verify if the i3 4130 paired with a r9 270x play most gamecube and wii games?

I know it's a haswell cpu, so it will perform very very well, but was curious to see if anyone has a video of it playing dolphin or has personally tested it.

It's a budget build since a lot of the components are meh, except the CPU and GPU.
What's your budget? We can help you build one that has good, low-cost parts, and maybe save money to get a better CPU.

The R9 will be fine, and will reach
budget around $400 to $500. Also, I just figured that since this is going to be an emulation only machine, it might as well use the g3258 overclocked.
Ok, thats where I was going anyways Tongue
Are you going to get a cooler for that or are you going stock cooler?
The stock cooler is enough even with the max overclock on the G3258
so...any specific dolphin builds based on g3258? Big Grin
The stock cooler isn't enough for max over clock. It would be running at around 80C at load
"For our tests, we used the ASUS Z97 Deluxe motherboard coupled with 16 GB of Corsairs Dominator Platinum DIMMs at 1877 Mhz running in Dual-Channel. All tests were done with the stock Intel heat sink, even the overclock benchmarks. When we put the Pentium chip under water and tried to push it further, it would BSOD regardless of the voltage we threw at it so we felt just including the stock heatsink numbers would be enough. After all, this is a budget chip so the numbers we got will likely be achievable by most users. - See more at: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/unlock...ebbCf.dpuf"

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/unlock...-idnum298/
All that link does is prove me right.
Pages: 1 2 3