Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hi! What cpu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hannssoni

Hi! What cpu could play game like harry potter 3 (or other EA games) my current cpu is intel core i5-2500K (and gpu nvidia geforce 770) what would you guys recommend ?
did you try playing those games on your current system?

hannssoni

yhea i did games lag
If I remember correctly, those are some CPU intensive games. An i5-4690K may need to be overclocked to play them, but I'm not sure.

Your profile says you have the latest build of Dolphin, does that mean the stable 4.0.X build, or the latest dev build?

hannssoni

i use dev builds :3 but i'm gonna buy a new cpu anyway so i thought i ask what others use Wink.
Ok, just checking.

Is your current computer one that you built yourself?

hannssoni

kind of i bought gaming pc back in 2011 and i have upgraded my computer. Only the cpu and the motherboard are original. or should i just overclock ?
It could work just enough to save you buying a new CPU if you're lucky. Still, if you're looking at the Harry Potter games, from my memory of them, the PC versions were better, so if you can buy those instead you might have a better time, and it'll definitely be cheaper than a whole new CPU and motherboard.