Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Spikes after a while
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

beld78

Hello, Dolphin worked perfectly fine for me (offline aswell as netplay for super smash bros. melee) until a couple weeks ago. Now it has spikes. Offline aswell as online. Sometimes the picture freezes for a second. I don't understand what exactly is causing this since I changed nothing from when it worked to now. I hope you can help me.
Sounds like you may have a bad cache or something. Try clearing that.

Also, are you sure you're running a 32 bit system, and not 64 bit? Cause if you are, you should really reinstall Windows as 64 bit and enjoy speed boosts in everything

beld78

Okay, cleared cache. I just checked, it's 64. Tried to use Dolphin x64 now and it's less but still there.
Are you trying with the latest dev build from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Also, have you tried switching over to the OpenGL backend?

beld78

I'm using 4.0-652 since it's the version everybody in our group for smash bros. is using. Should I try another version ?
Also, tried OpenGL now. It's still there but less again (or my feeling is completely worthless).
Ah yes, the netplay branch...... It should be fine for smash bros, and I don't see why you would be getting these slowdowns....

Are these slowdowns only when you're playing by yourself, or when you play with your friends online?

Have you checked to make sure your CPU isn't overheating? Use CPU-Z or a similar program, run Dolphin for about 10 minutes into a game, and check what your temperature levels are. Also check and make sure that your GPU is properly seated in the motherboard (unplug and plug back in when computer is off), grab the latest Nvidia drivers if you haven't already, check the Intel Driver Update page for any updates (download and run), and make sure that there are no Windows updates (even optional ones) waiting to be installed.

beld78

Slowdowns are offline (playing by myself) aswell. I had less of them today for some reason (they vary a lot) but I had Core Temp running. This is what it looked like. I don't know if that CPU is too hot or not.
[Image: a27521bb2415f568d222726bbb051bd0.png]