Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: find matching file.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone knew how to find the file accosted with the item in the list. I have a few wii roms that show duplicates but I dont see any duplicates in my folders. I also have a wii game that thinks its a game cube game. I figure since we can delete files there should be a way to see the file name but its not listed anywhere in dolphin that I know of. Opening containing folder is nice but it does not help find the file.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Right-click, check the title bar. Nope, you can't copy the title bar without external tools. You gotta work to get stuff done, wimp! Learn to type. If you believe in the myth that computers were meant to automate repetitive tasks, you will have a hard time dealing with just about any program developed... Enough insults for now...
Once you have the file name, THEN you need to go to the folder, and search for the ISO in that folder.
See, that's what developers do! Make simple things needlessly convoluted and difficult things completely impossible. It's all part of their jobs!
(11-18-2014, 11:01 AM)ulao Wrote: [ -> ]... I also have a wii game that thinks its a game cube game.

That's weird. Have you tried to purge cache (Tools => Purge Cache or manually deleting User\Cache folder)?
thx John, no I have not, will I loose all my banners if I do that?

Quote:Right-click, check the title bar. Nope, you can't copy the title bar without external tools. You gotta work to get stuff done, wimp! Learn to type. If you believe in the myth that computers were meant to automate repetitive tasks, you will have a hard time dealing with just about any program developed... Enough insults for now...
Once you have the file name, THEN you need to go to the folder, and search for the ISO in that folder.
See, that's what developers do! Make simple things needlessly convoluted and difficult things completely impossible. It's all part of their jobs!

Wow I had a hard time understanding this. Really confused on what you meant. It sounds like there is a solution in there block of text but for the life of me I can not extract it. I don't care how hard or easy it is... Was this a solution of sorts "You gotta work to get stuff done, wimp! Learn to type. " Are you suggesting I need to search google or something?

"Once you have the file name" Yes that is what I need, the file name, how do I get that from dolphin? For one example, I have two roms ( not the same size ) with matching titles, I just need to know what file Dolphin is reading so I can figure out what file is the one causing the duplicate entry. I looked up this unclear title on google and got the game name but I only have one ISO of my game. Dolphin thinks I have two rips...

As to the wise crack about software, I write software. This is nothing more then a displayed list of items found in an arrayList of sorts. The file name obviously was in that array (Hence the ability to delete or compress the file) and the developer chose it was irrelevant. Most front-ends and emulation software leave that info visible. Making the assumption (forma a user paint of view) that it's not a relevant automate repetitive tasks is nonsense. Quite the opposite actually, this is a very common bit of information. Further I made no comment alluding to that assumption. I merely was asking if there was a way to get this information in a menu not immediately obvious to the user. So the answer is no, there is no such information available (be it in a file or menu)?
(11-19-2014, 02:37 AM)ulao Wrote: [ -> ]thx Jhonn, no I have not, will I loose all my banners if I do that?

Yes and no. It'll force Dolphin to "regenerate" all banners, so, you won't lost them but the first refresh after doing that may take a while (especially if you have a lot of ISOs)...
maybe it will remove this sup entry, ill give is a try, thx for the advice!

Wow, I think I just figure out what "Right-click, check the title bar." means. You actually thought I wanted to get the title shown? and what worse you though I was hopping to highlight the text? Wow that was an ugly assumption in indeed. I dont care about the title I need the file name. The title in many cases is broken anyways.
Oh, I misunderstood what you're asking. If you right click a game in the list and choose "Properties", a window will appear (where you can set overrides, enable cheats, etc). The title bar of that window will have the file name followed by game title (like "myISOfile.gcz: GAMEID - My Game Title"). It's not an intuitive way, but it should do the trick...
In that box I have the game code or something? Its 4 letters, the name of the game is quite long. I'll try to get logged in to me computer and get the specifics.

:Confusedpecifics::
Ok my ripped game is Call of Duty Black Ops
File name: Call of Duty Black Ops.ciso
Title says: t5wii

If I go to file info I see t5wii and I have two games in dolphin listed as t5wii. They both are not the same file size so they can't be the same file.

"The title bar of that window will have the file name "
Confused: My title does not match the file name in these cases. If this should match, then maybe that is my problem, ill delete cache and re do the list.

------------------------------------------------
Ok Tools => Purge Cache does not exist. I deleted the folder under my win7 user dolphin folder and it rebuilt it fine with issues still intact. I dont have many game so I guess I can try to sort thru all of this.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

I meant Dolphin made it difficult to get the exact ROM title, which could be a usability improvement. I wasn't trying to insult you, more insulting the poor design.

You could try removing all ISO directories from the Dolphin folder list, then delete the Cache folder, then re-add the ISO directories. The Gamecube banners are stored on-disk, Wii banners are only there after save creation.