Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my laptop good enough to play 2 specific games? (Gamecube)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just recently installed Dolphin 4.0.2 on my HP G62 Notebook PC and I was really looking forward to being able to run these two specific games at a playable speed using the GameCube emulation: Kirby Air Ride and Super Smash Bros Melee.

Here are the computer specs:

Model: HP G62 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Athlon ™ II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.10 GHz
RAM: 3 GB (2.74 usable)
64-bit running Windows.

If my laptop is not powerful enough to run these games, any suggestions for cheap alternatives would be appreciated.

Thank you
even though those games are lightweight ones your laptop may stuggle i suggest using the latest development versions of dolphin https://dolphin-emu.org/download/. How much are looking to spend on a laptop? if it isnt very much i suggest getting a desktop, if you are ok with dual core a new overclockable system with a pentium g3258 processor would be a great choice for dolphin.
(11-15-2014, 06:04 PM)natnint4000 Wrote: [ -> ]even though those games are lightweight ones your laptop may stuggle i suggest using the latest development versions of dolphin https://dolphin-emu.org/download/. How much are looking to spend on a laptop? if it isnt very much i suggest getting a desktop, if you are ok with dual core a new overclockable system with a pentium g3258 processor would be a great choice for dolphin.

Thank you for your reply,

I had downloaded the games and tweaked with the settings a little and they seem to run pretty well. However, I am looking to build my own desktop computer, on a budget of around 300-400$. Any advice would really help.
Also, if I may ask, why should I use the development versions of dolphin?
Because they´re a lot faster and optimized than stable versions.

Quote: I had downloaded the games.

Too bad because that´s illegal. You don´t download ISOs, you dump them from their discs.
Downloading games is against the rules.

Closed.