Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Strange speed up method
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if it's the right place to ask it, but I noticed that when I start Dolphin and launch a game in a separate window (as the default bahaviour does), if I iconize the Dolphin game window on task bar and then click back to have back Dolphin game window on top, although fps stay the same, vps and speed % get a good boost (in order of 7-8%)...for example if I have 27 fps, 54 vps and 92% speed, I can get 27 fps, 60 vps and 100% speed.
Is there someone who can explain me the reason of this behaviour? Does this change something? Options? Process priority? The Videocard (Nvidia) suddently "awakes"? Btw I'm on Windows 8.1
Thanks
Which CPU you have (and by that I mean the model name and model number of it, for example Pentium G3258).
I have an Intel Coreduo e8400
Maybe the power management mode in your NVIDIA control panel is set to adaptive instead of maximum performance mode? This makes the GPU not work at full speed when it's not required in order to save energy and to extend it's life.
Maximum performance mode has the same bahaviour
Developers hate him!
Find out how this Dolphin user sped up the emu using this one weird trick!
>> Click HERE to find out more <<

Spoiler:
both, in DX11 the speedup is a bit greater