Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Something happen to my GPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's the story. I have a pretty outdated pc so I simply play light weight games like Super smash bros brawl, New super mario bros in native resolution as my gpu is geforce 8600 gt. I used to get full speed since my e5400 is overclocked to 3.8Ghz. But nowadays I am suffering from gpu bottlenecks. I get 50% speed, cpu usage is 60% and gpu usage shows 95%. Also I have noticed my windows experience index 'graphics department' decreased from 3.2 to 2.6. I didn't update any driver or anything btw.
This problem occurs when my computer gets completely black after the windows 7 logo, so i always need to push the physical restart switch and then only it boots albeit with low gpu performance.

PS: Rarely(one out of 100 times) my pc doesn't gets stuck after the windows 7 logo and w/o restarting it opens normally, then I get full speed and windows experience index also increases.
But when i have do all the restarting which usually i need to do to boot into desktop then I get this performance issues

Can you guys please help me, and sorry English isn't my first language
Get the latest dev build of Dolphin
Kinda sounds like the card has a dodgy connection that is preventing it from consistently running in x16 mode.
yup, that must be it. So how can i solve it? reinsert the card?
And i would like to add that nowadays my gpu reaches a max temp of 60C but still 100% usage, before when i used to get full speed it went up till 80C.
And sometimes for a fraction of sec, my speed from 50% reaches 100% but it goes down in next second
Remove the card and blow the dust out of the PCI-E connection on your mobo. Clean your whole case while you are at it. Get a program like GPU-Z and make note of load, temp and clock speeds. A GPU will throttle if it is overheating, which may be what is happening. GPU-Z will also report whether you are running x16 or not. Assuming you are windows, check your power settings and check performance/quality option in Nvidia Control Panel.
(11-16-2014, 03:25 AM)tjs4ever Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the card and blow the dust out of the PCI-E connection on your mobo. Clean your whole case while you are at it. Get a program like GPU-Z and make note of load, temp and clock speeds. A GPU will throttle if it is overheating, which may be what is happening. GPU-Z will also report whether you are running x16 or not. Assuming you are windows, check your power settings and check performance/quality option in Nvidia Control Panel.
I downloaded GPU-Z and found out that temp are aound 60-65C and even during full load it shows that the GPU is running in PCIe x1 mode instead of x16
Wil it be fixed if i clean the PCIe slot?
I had exactly the same issue.
Change PCI settings in your bios.