Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FX 6300
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello guys im going to do a upgrade on my PC i have a core 2 duo (sucks in dolphin) and now i buy a fx 6300, but this processor is good for dolphin? i play other games too and a can't buy a intel processor, can i run mario kart wii with full speed on fx 6300? Smile
Don't get that cpu, it's terrible for Dolphin. If your budget is low upgrade to a pentium g3258 + z97 mobo, if you live near a microcenter thats only $100 for both, online it's about $150. It performs roughly equal to i7 4790k when overclocked.
If you're looking at the FX 6300 because of budget reasons only, if you give us what your budget is we can build a way better Intel system for you inside of your budget.

However, if you're going AMD because you don't like Intel, let us shed some light on why that's not a good idea in terms of emulators. Dolphin is a dual-core program, so the faster the each core is, the faster Dolphin will run. AMD has decided not to focus on single-core speeds, instead focusing on multi-core and offloading to the GPU, which Dolphin can't use. Intel on the other hand, has been working hard to increase the single core speeds with every new generation. Haswell CPUs are around 30% faster per click than 3rd gen Intel CPUs, which is great for Dolphin. The other big emulator out there is PCSX2, which relies on the same principle as Dolphin.
In short, AMD is bad for emulators.
Quote:can i run mario kart wii with full speed on fx 6300?
With stock speed , I don't think so . If you overclocked it to 4.4GHz or higher then yes , it will run most games full speed (Mario Kart Wii included)
However ....Mario Kart Wii is GPU intensive game , your GT 630 won't cut it if you want to run it at 720p or higher resolution
Quote:it's terrible for Dolphin.
It was terrible for Dolphin . Not that bad , just so so .
Dolphin's speed has been improved and LLE isn't needed anymore
Thanks for the replies guys, but i don't have money to buy a intel processor and i play PC games too, and for pc games fx 6300 is good for me (i have gtx 650) i dont play games in fullhd, but guys is fx 6300 better than my core 2 duo E8200 for dolphin?
An Intel Pentium G3258 is pretty cheap. It will run Dolphin very well and it can overclock very high (and you can even use the stock cooler). ~$70 USD + the cost of a compatible motherboard, this CPU should definitely be affordable if you save up for a bit. Might not be the best for PC games, but if you're looking at Dolphin, that's the cheapest route to go.

EDIT: ninja'd...
FX 6300 was released 4 years after the release date of E8200 (2008) . Base clock is much higher , IPC performance is better
Obviously ....You know the answer
Quote: i don't have money to buy a intel processor
I don't know where you come from but Intel 20th Anniversary G3258 is a lot cheaper than FX 6300 .
I live in Brazil guys and here the intel i5/i7 4ยช generation (the best for dolphin) price is too expensive... pentium is not good for me, i think i will buy a fx 6300 after all
The 2-module version (FX-4350) is a better choice for Dolphin.
Eh, I understand Intel CPU's are better but I don't see how AMD CPU's are considered terrible for dolphin. I have a FX 6100 and I can play Project M (brawl mod) with 4 players while recording with fraps and still get a constant 60 fps. Here's a video I recorded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RlNxLZze-M
Pages: 1 2 3