Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario galaxy 1 (sun slowdown) :(:(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rippmaster

Hi guys

Im using some of the latest dolphin dev builds (late october build, dont know exact wich) and i get massive slowdowns 15-25 fps when seeing lightrays (sun and sunshine effects) in mario galaxy.
Other than that it flows very good constant 60FPS at 4xir no AA

I really need 4xIR (playing close to a 75 inch led tv) but is there something i can do about that demaning light effects?

I cant OC my i7 anymore than 4ghz
my graphics card should be sufficient.

i have fored Vsync for dolphin in Nvidia settings (vsync by only cheking the doplhin box did not work). (both dolphin and nvidia settings is vsync on)

SMG2 works 55-60 fps all the time.

problem is only lightrays and eclipse sunlights in super mario galaxy 1 ?

any tips?
Unfortunately dolphin can't really take advantage of multiple GPUs. So 1 of your GPUs is sitting there idle. This drops your video card down to a single GTX 680 performance. Have you set dolphin to 'prefer maximum performance' in the nvidia control panel? If not, that would be the first place to start. Your card would be nearly equivalent to my GTX 770 when running dolphin. I was playing around with 3D vision in dolphin and ran into performance issues with my 770 for the first time the other day. I was getting frame drops in TLoZ:WW whenever there were large amounts of transparencies at 4x IR. So it may just be a performance issue.
Use the latest dolphin dev with opengl and hle audio.
If you can't fix your problems, can you post screenshots of your settings? And also post the exact build you are using?

You should follow Link_to_the_past's advice. Nvidia cards are faster in opengl than they are in direct3d. And HLE audio should be sufficient for mario galaxy, it's quite a bit faster than LLE audio.

Have you checked "per pixel lightning" by any chance?
There's a graphical effect in Mario Galaxy 1/2 in certain worlds that is incredibly slow in D3D but OpenGL doesn't seem to care about it.

rippmaster

Hello guys

I set my gphx card to "maximum performance" and set "CPU priority to hight"
I also decreased IR from 4x to 3x
I also disabled Vsync on both dolphin and my gtx 690

Now its no problem whatsoever. a bit jitter (disabeling vsync) but constant around 60fps

should i give 4x IR a try again? should i bother trying to get 4x IR to work you think? 3x IR is still playable tho. Smile
Just complementing, your i7 is from first generation and it's showing its age. 4GHz in a Ivy Bridge or Haswell would be more than sufficient for most of the demanding games...

chrisme14

Hey,

I have noticed if you restart your Pc and directly start dolphin and SMG it works perfekt.
Very strange thing
Please read our rules about necroposting:

Quote:Necroposting: Do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Threads violating this rule will be closed. Stickied threads, Game Discussion threads, and HD Texture threads are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.

Closed.