Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with game settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
here is my specs

System model: inspiron 3521

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 1017U A 1.60GHz (2CPUs), ~1.6GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Direct X Version: Direct X 11

Chip type: Intel® HD graphics family

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

I am currently trying to play these 4 games " Star Fox Adventures" "Super Mario Sunshine" "Paper Mario TTYD" and " Pokemon XD: Gale of darkness"

IF I am missing any information please let me know and how to find it. But i am need of help figuring out the proper settings to get these games to run at a playable level. Any and all help will be appreciated. And in case any 1 is wondering I am on a laptop.
You would actually struggle on those games. Your CPU is too slow for them. Take for instance that your CPU has almost the same single-core performance that my APU has. http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Celeron-10...MD-A6-1450
Which game would i struggle on because I have managed to get pokemon XD gale of darkness playable in the past. Paper mario i also got somewhat playable but everything was literally in slow motion and there wasn't much i could do about that. As for star fox i haven't played it. I did try Super mario sunshine and i can get it to play but the speed is so ungodly slow game-play wise that the cut-scenes run smoother than the game plays. If you or any 1 else has some tips please tell me whether it be what settings to use or how to upgrade this laptop.
Make sure you're using the latest build from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Also follow this guide: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
(11-08-2014, 02:22 PM)pokemonpie Wrote: [ -> ]Which game would i struggle on because I have managed to get pokemon XD gale of darkness playable in the past. Paper mario i also got somewhat playable but everything was literally in slow motion and there wasn't much i could do about that. As for star fox i haven't played it. I did try Super mario sunshine and i can get it to play but the speed is so ungodly slow game-play wise that the cut-scenes run smoother than the game plays. If you or any 1 else has some tips please tell me whether it be what settings to use or how to upgrade this laptop.

When you say "play", do you mean that the games are able too boot up in Dolphin? Cause if that's what you mean, then really any game will boot up.
Games will not be enjoyable on your system. I should know, I've got similar specs in another system I own (it's a 1037U @ 1.8GHz). There are very few games that will run comfortably in Dolphin with specs like that, none of which is in the list you provided. You can boot and run them, but you certainly won't be able to run them fast. What's more, the GPU is actually pretty weak, and you'll be bottlenecking if you try going past 1x IR (native GC/Wii resolution).

If using the latest Dolphin build that KHg8m3r linked to does not work for you, then there isn't anything you can do except to upgrade the hardware. You can emulate plenty of other systems quite well, just not GC/Wii games using Dolphin.
(11-09-2014, 01:43 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Games will not be enjoyable on your system. I should know, I've got similar specs in another system I own (it's a 1037U @ 1.8GHz). There are very few games that will run comfortably in Dolphin with specs like that, none of which is in the list you provided. You can boot and run them, but you certainly won't be able to run them fast. What's more, the GPU is actually pretty weak, and you'll be bottlenecking if you try going past 1x IR (native GC/Wii resolution).

If using the latest Dolphin build that KHg8m3r linked to does not work for you, then there isn't anything you can do except to upgrade the hardware. You can emulate plenty of other systems quite well, just not GC/Wii games using Dolphin.

well that just made me depressed... From what little i saw playing super mario sunshine and starfox adventures isnt worth trying. But i was able to get the gamecube game Pokemon XD gale of darkness to run just fine at a consistent frame-rate in the past i just dont remember how. as for paper mario TTYD it ran albeit it was like it was in slow motion it was still 100% playable unless u used cheats then things got weird.

(11-09-2014, 01:06 PM)hamid1455 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2014, 02:22 PM)pokemonpie Wrote: [ -> ]Which game would i struggle on because I have managed to get pokemon XD gale of darkness playable in the past. Paper mario i also got somewhat playable but everything was literally in slow motion and there wasn't much i could do about that. As for star fox i haven't played it. I did try Super mario sunshine and i can get it to play but the speed is so ungodly slow game-play wise that the cut-scenes run smoother than the game plays. If you or any 1 else has some tips please tell me whether it be what settings to use or how to upgrade this laptop.

When you say "play", do you mean that the games are able too boot up in Dolphin? Cause if that's what you mean, then really any game will boot up.
No i mean get the game to an actual playable state. You can boot up nearly any game but actually getting past the main menu and physically playing the game at decent frame-rate and being able to progress in the game. Pokemon XD ran fine for me, paper Mario TTYD ran a little bit in slow-mo but was still 100% playable and there's always frame-skip you could use for that. As for super Mario sunshine the cut-scenes ran better than the game and the game ran just as slow if not slower than paper Mario TTYD but for a game like super Mario sunshine that slow-mo speed makes game-play way to difficult. as for starfox i had trouble as soon as that game started-up.
Wow i came to the forum for help and instead i only get told to not even bother... some fucking helpful community there.
(11-18-2014, 02:56 AM)pokemonpie Wrote: [ -> ]Wow i came to the forum for help and instead i only get told to not even bother... some fucking helpful community there.

With your hardware it's not a matter of settings to make games playable, they won't be. And since they won't be no matter the settings, therefore the suggestion to not even bother. And you got some advice apart from that, but i guess it didn't work out for you now, did it?
Super mario sunshine and starfox adventures i can understand not working. But I HAVE gotten paper mario TTYD to run albeit a little slow in the past but it was 100% playable and i have gotten XD gale of darkness to run at 20-30 frames with only minor occasional graphical glitches with certain moves. But I dont remember what settings i used for those 2 games but i do remember they need different settings. IT would help if some one told me what would be the best possible settings for either of those games with the most recent version of dolphin, not the 4.02 version.
Pages: 1 2