Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: CPU thread too fast warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why do I randomly, but seldomly, get this warning in the middle of running a game? Sometimes, the game will crash too. It has happened in The last story and beyond good and evil, but I suspect more games are affected.
Details please.
In the middle of gameplay, I would just suddenly get a warning saying "FIFO overloaded in GatherPipe. CPU thread too fast". Most of the time, I can ignore it and continue, but sometimes the game crashes.
Please bisect the issue down to the first build where behavior regressed.
I think I bisected it down to 4.0-2883. Can you try 4.0-2881 and see if it still happens there?
One fix that I found on a website to help is to turn off dual core speedup. It sucks I know but I was getting the error with Star Fox Adventures and it would keep popping up the dialog box, eventually it would just freeze the Video portion of the game and finish the audio of the cut scene if it was at one then stop. It would have to do with the GPU getting desynced with the CPU since they split it when you enable it. And since dolphin likes everything on point im guessing thats why it happens.
Starfox Adventures? Really? I didn't run into the issue at all there O.o. Please continue to test more revisions because this shouldn't be happening in that game, and is obviously a regression. We don't want to force single core on in games because of a regression.
I've tested Star Fox recently and didn't experience any issues except for the delayed subtitles. It's just mostly beyond good and evil that happens, and seldomly last story. I think it's an AMD issue with the dual core not working or working too slow. I remember someone once posted single core was running crash banditcoot faster than dual core.
In star fox I found that it was happening when I was in dark Ice mines of the game. Il try and re enable it to see how it turns out. I can get a log if you want, I remember seeing a decent amount of red text, which I assume were errors, and it all dealt with the Thread too fast problem. Maybe it is a AMD issue, il try it on my laptop that has a core i5.
If you hold on the start game screen long enough, it'll eventually do it. This is ridiculous.
Pages: 1 2 3