Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: core i5-3570k or core i7-3770?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
just wondering if what processor are stable on playing full speed games like WWE 13. I'm planning on upgrading my processor but I can't seem to choose between the two. also, I don't know how to overclock processors so I guess the 3570k is pretty much useless to me. I just want to play WWE 13 on a system that isn't requiring too much work, like overclocking for example. right now I can play the game on 30-40fps per second, but I wanted to play the game on full speed? could any of you guys help me on what kind of processor is best suited for the game? without overclocking? thanks.

Motherboard:Asus P8H61-M LX Plus R2.0
GPUTonguealit GTX 680 Jetstream 2GB
CPU:Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHZ
RAM: Kingston 8GB
PSU: Turbo-X 600w
since you dont want to change your motherboard or overclock the i7 3770 would be the better choice because you will get a 100mhz higher stock clock speed
Almost none of the processors can run that title at stock speed. EA games are simply demanding no matter what.
wwe 13 plays fine on my laptop clocked at 2.9ghz, that ivy bridge at 3.9ghz should be able to aswell
(11-07-2014, 07:50 AM)natnint4000 Wrote: [ -> ]since you dont want to change your motherboard or overclock the i7 3770 would be the better choice because you will get a 100mhz higher stock clock speed

my only concern is, can it run full speed? like 60fps full speed with core i7-3770?
i7-3770K. You´ll want to overclock for better experience.
Look at his mobo model ! That one doesn't support overclocking !
If he bought new mobo then he should get a Haswell mobo along with Haswell CPU instead
Both i5 3570 and i7 3770 is slow for Dolphin , i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz outperforms both CPUs easily (i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz = i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz in Dolphin Benchmark)
a i7-3770 isn't slow for Dolphin at all. People just don't understand. Pretty much anything from Nehalem/Westmere can run Dolphin just fine. Only games like Twilight Princess without Patch or The Last Story need Sandy Bridge or higher.
NO , I do understand . It's slower than latest i3 . That's why I said it's slow . Any i7 that has lower performance than i3 is unacceptable for me
Would you fork out that much money for an i7 like that ?
Not at all. In fact a g3258 + mobo would be perfect for him as it would be a upgrade to Haswell and it would be waaaay better in Dolphin then the CPU he has now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4