Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Regarding Opening the graphic configuration will reset settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone knows whats default settings it will reset if i open that configuration setting window?
It's quite strange that I found out i even gain more fps and speed out when i just open the graphic configure window without changing anything, like from 75fps to 84fps.Tested with limiter off
From what i saw the graphic hardly have any difference by just open it without changing anything , somehow i can even up the IR from 3x to 4x and speed up remains same

So this have been confused me for quite some time, hopefully some one kind enough explain the details and maybe give it a test too
I tested it using 4.0 3917 version, my cpu is 2500K @4..7 and GTX660 as my gpu, thanks for any reply
(11-05-2014, 08:32 PM)AcidRains Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone knows whats default settings it will reset if i open that configuration setting window?
That depends on the game as some games have certain settings forced via the ini for compatibility.
When you open the graphics config, you will override what was set via the ini with whatever is set in the graphics config.
Thanks all, got it now, guess i didn't pay enough attention to the message when running game.
This, Fatal Frame 4 , which i've been playing now, have to set efb=>ram to get the taken photo appear.
And i missed that note "efbtotexture enable" is overridden by game ini , so i knew that now efb=>texture has been applied when i open graphic config
that cause the speed up and with the price of taking photo issue, thanks again=)
(11-05-2014, 09:10 PM)AcidRains Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks all, got it now, guess i didn't pay enough attention to the message when running game.
This, Fatal Frame 4 , which i've been playing now, have to set efb=>ram to get the taken photo appear.
And i missed that note "efbtotexture enable" is overridden by game ini , so i knew that now efb=>texture has been applied when i open graphic config
that cause the speed up and with the price of taking photo issue, thanks again=)

All the default settings unless a mistake was made somewhere are there for a reason. A lot of people make the mistake that everything works fine when overriding them until they find the issue themselves.