Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this run Project + Netplay smoothly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PingPongCop

So I'm thinking about purchasing a Surface Pro 3. You know, that little tablet that actually functions as a great laptop? I want to know beforehand if it will be able to run Project M and Netplay smoothly, at 60 fps 99% of the time.

Here are the specs of the model I'm buying.

CPU: 1.9GHz Intel Core i5-4300U (dual-core, 3MB cache, up to 2.9GHz with Turbo Boost)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400
RAM: 8GB LPDDR3
Storage: 256GB SSD
Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0

Is this good enough?

I'm pretty positive it should do fine, because the Surface Pro 2 (same processor) played Brawl at 60 fps without any problems, if the battle was a 1 v 1. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvu3W4PUT50

But is Project M more demanding on the processor than Brawl is? And would Netplay lag up?
if you can keep that processor at its turbo speed then you should be fine i have a laptop with an intel i7 4900mq currently clocked at 2.9ghz and it handles most games for wii and gc very well

PingPongCop

(11-05-2014, 04:40 PM)natnint4000 Wrote: [ -> ]if you can keep that processor at its turbo speed then you should be fine i have a laptop with an intel i7 4900mq currently clocked at 2.9ghz and it handles most games for wii and gc very well

Okay, how exactly would I do that?