Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin doesn't run full speed until opening graphics tab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

swiftwinter

I'm playing SMG2 and whenever I start the game it runs at a way lower FPS than it should, like 40-50FPS, then as soon as I open the graphics tab it goes back to 60FPS and it's fine, but opening the graphics tab causes the Wiimote to not work until I reset the game, thus making it 40-50FPS again until I open graphics. Why the fuck does it run so poorly until I open the graphics tab? Makes no fucking sense.
When you open the graphics tab, Dolphin stops using the compatibility settings specified in the game's ini file, and instead switches to whatever the graphics tab says to use. Certain things, such as not skipping EFB-CPU access are turned on in the ini for that game, but are off by default in the graphics tab, and as the more compatible settings are usually slower, you get a speedup when it stops using them.

swiftwinter

(11-05-2014, 06:56 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]When you open the graphics tab, Dolphin stops using the compatibility settings specified in the game's ini file, and instead switches to whatever the graphics tab says to use. Certain things, such as not skipping EFB-CPU access are turned on in the ini for that game, but are off by default in the graphics tab, and as the more compatible settings are usually slower, you get a speedup when it stops using them.
So what can I do to fix this? I just upgraded to the latest version and it fixed the issue however it introduced an old issue that was fixed but now it's back (how the fuck does that happen?) where music cuts out if I don't use DPS LLE which slows my game down too much.

Ok nvm I downloaded the wrong one the new version I still need to open the graphics tab to fix it. Also the ini file has nothing written in it except the name of the game so what gives. If there's nothing written there why doesn't it just use what's in the graphics tab?
You're turning off "EFB Access to CPU" which makes the game run faster, but breaks things like pull stars.