Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AMD switchable graphics not working in Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Leeg

Hello!

My current specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel i5 (2.3GHz - 4 CPU)
Video Card/GPU: Intel HD Graphics Family / AMD Radeon 8750M
Memory/RAM: 8 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 4.0

I'm having problems with Dolphin and switchable graphics. I've already set Dolphin.exe to "high performance" in Catalyst Center, but the GPU it's not being used. I've used GPU-Z.0.7.8.exe to check if AMD GPU was being used while running a game in Dolphin and it wasn't, it's still using Intel HD Graphics.

So... am I missing something here? This is the first application that is giving me problems with my GPU.

Thank you very much.
First off, update to one of the newer dev builds from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ they're faster and more stable

Also, did you make sure it saved?

A good way to check this is to run a game in Dolphin and read the yellow test. If you see Intel HD graphics, then you aren't using AMD. But if you do see AMD, then all is as it should be.

Leeg

Thanks!
I've downloaded the last version from that link and it seems that it's working a bit better (although sound is a bit choppy).

However, the yellow text displayed when booting the game does not say anything about my AMD GPU... only if I set graphics to openGL, in which case the game runs slower.

openGL
[Image: MtAaVYl.png]

Direct3D
[Image: mlypRTN.png]

I think that now it's actually using the GPU, because GPU-Z.0.7.8 is registering some GPU load... However, I'm experiencing a bit of FPS drop sometimes, but it's fine, I guess...

Thank you ver much!
Well you're experiencing some CPU bottlenecking now because your CPU is an Ultra Low Voltage (ULV) CPU, which is slower than a regular CPU.

Look here for maintaining a Turbo Boost: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

Leeg

Thank you very much!