Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker DOF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Idk why, but at lower internal resolutions it appears that some kind of DOF is in place. My guess is resolution hard coded, which is why higher resolutions appear clear. Wind Waker HD appears to have none of this, haven't bothered testing on my Gamecube yet.
I don't know what you're asking, but, the DoF appears at higher IRs too; we just turn up the resolution that the DoF effect is rendering.
(11-05-2014, 04:32 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what you're asking, but, the DoF appears at higher IRs too; we just turn up the resolution that the DoF effect is rendering.

Honestly I was asking if I'm not going crazy. However I think the adjusting needs work. Definitely can confirm a drop off in effect intensity at higher IR, on multiple computers. Maybe the dof adjustments aren't quite intense enough.
I don't know what you're talking about still lol. If you want the DoF effect to be strong, turn off scaled EFB copy.
(11-05-2014, 06:53 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what you're talking about still lol. If you want the DoF effect to be strong, turn off scaled EFB copy.

...doesn't work
WW renders distant objects at a lower resolution in a separate pass to produce the DoF effect. There is nothing you can do about this as this is how the game is designed to work. You can make the effect less noticeable by cranking up the IR since that will force it to render both the foreground and background at higher resolutions. If the IR is high enough where the background resolution exceeds your screen resolution then the effect will no longer be noticeable, although it will still be there.