Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: When are the instructions for settings getting written
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm really tired of people making blanket statements that have missing information like it's not important to thoroughly explain all aspects of things. For example I see countless people saying Dolphin runs better in DX11 when there is no such thing as DX11 option anywhere in the dolphin. So people either need to stop making false statements about non-existent options or start explaining all parts of things either way there is no way to select any specific DX version in the emulator. All it has is OPENGL, DIRECT3D and SOFTWARE RENDER, there is no such DX11 option that can be selected.

So when I read about people mentioning various DX versions, then I expect all the DX versions to show up and be available to be on the menu when I click the graphics options. Now on the other hand, if these options were in there at one point and now do not exist in the new build then that should have been explained as well.

No matter what the outcome of this is, it's inexcusable to not explain all aspects in detail about every setting on this. Emulator. You guys cannot keep changing things and then not explaining the changes because all it does is cause problems.
D3D = D3D11. DX9 was dropped. Neobrain felt the need to rename the remaining DirectX backend to D3D.
Which, out of the following, do you expect to be most likely to be the DirectX 11 backend?

OpenGL, which is fairly obviously using OpenGL.

Direct3D, a component of all versions of DirectX, including DirectX 11.

Software Renderer, which doesn't use OGL or D3D on the GPU, but instead uses the CPU to run software to emulate the Wii's GPU.
@JMC47 Thank you for the straight forward answer. The people that did that didn't bother explaining that's what they did and they should have.

@AnyOldName3
I have zero tolerance for sheer and utter stupidity. If you cannot answer the question I asked without the moronic answer of WHAT IS OBVIOUS OR WHAT DO I THINK then shut your mouth. When I ask a question I expect an answer. If you want to post retarded replies, feel free but you're only going to get responded to in the same manner.
@tx3000 - The removal of D3D9 as a backend (and subsequently renaming D3D11 to D3D was heavily publicized on this site (we had a big article on the site and a thread disucssing the change). It wasn't something that just happened without informing our users. We actually felt it was so significant change that we tried to get the word out as best as we knew how.
(11-03-2014, 10:15 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]@tx3000 - The removal of D3D9 as a backend (and subsequently renaming D3D11 to D3D was heavily publicized on this site (we had a big article on the site and a thread disucssing the change). It wasn't something that just happened without informing our users. We actually felt it was so significant change that we tried to get the word out as best as we knew how.
It doesn't matter if that was heavily publicized on this site. I don't hang around on here, and have not been here for a very long time, the dates I've logged in shows that responding to me as if I should have somehow known that information is just blatant ignorance.

But thank you for clearing that up. Is there a direct link to that discussion so I can look up anything else so there isn't a repeat of a post like this on my end?
I'm not saying that you should have known about it all along, I'm simply saying you can't view it as neglect on the part of the Dolphin team. They did as much as they could to inform users. Short of having the program flash the changes when you boot up Dolphin, there isn't much else we could have done to tell people about the removal and renaming. We haven't "kept changing things" without doing a fair amount of effort to explain things.

For the references you asked for, here is the article itself: https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2013/10/12/...ns-future/
And here is the forum thread: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-d3...n-s-future