Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crash on second startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

deth2munkies

Every time I try to play a game on Dolphin, it works perfectly the first time I play it. The second time I open it, it immediately crashes. I've tested this with Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Skies of Arcadia: Legends. Re-downloading Dolphin lets me run it once again. Re-extracting from the 7zip doesn't work, I have to fully redownload and re-extract it for it to work.

It's not fatal, but it's confusing and frustrating, any insight?
What sound backend do you have set? If it's Xaudio, try switching to the other.

Go to the Intel Driver Update Utility page and see if there's any updates.

deth2munkies

(11-03-2014, 07:41 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]What sound backend do you have set? If it's Xaudio, try switching to the other.

Go to the Intel Driver Update Utility page and see if there's any updates.

Drivers are up to date unless one came out last week, Xaudio2 and OpenAL both have the same result, even changing it to No Audio Output results in the same crash.
1) are there any windows updates that need to be installed? (including optional ones)

2) Is this only happening in the latest build?

deth2munkies

(11-03-2014, 07:49 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]1) are there any windows updates that need to be installed? (including optional ones)

2) Is this only happening in the latest build?

I've tried the top 2 builds on the website, 4.0-4000 and 4.0-4003. There are no Windows Updates pending.
Use D3D; it's an intel HD driver bug.

deth2munkies

Fixed it, thanks.