Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about playing Wii games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SAKRAY

Hey guys I had a weird question but how do you play Wii games on Dolphin do you just insert the Wii game into the dvd-drive and you can load it?
Or do you have to do some stuff in order to play your games (Currently at work so I can't try it out so fast) Since with my new TV my Wii is black and white somehow
and not really feeling to get a adapter playing on PC would be alot more convenient for me

Thanks in advance,
Some DVD drives allow you to insert the disk and rip the ISO from the Wii disk. Read here to see if you have a supported drive and how to dump.

The other way if you don't have a supported drive (and testing yours reveals it's not compatible), you need to dump the games using your Wii after you install homebrew on it.

HOWEVER I think I may know what the issue is with your Wii and the black and white. The key issue here is that you have a NEW TV. This can happen because of 1 simple reason: you have a composite cable going into a component signal, in the wrong port.
As you can see in the composite ports below, you will notice the VIDEO port is yellow. Now look at the component ports: the audio is the same, but the second red one is labeled PR, the blue one is labeled PB, and the green one is labeled Y. If you have the yellow composite cable plugged into the red or blue, then you will see a black/white picture with no color or with a tint in either of the respective colors. IT MUST BE PLUGGED INTO THE GREEN PORT.

If you do have the cable plugged into the green port but it still isn't showing color, THEN IT IS A SETTINGS ISSUE. Go to the menu (where you can change settings) on your TV and look for something along the line of setup or inputs. There should be an option where you can change the input port from a component signal to a composite signal. This will fix your issue.

[Image: hKtZ1f8.jpg]