Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Eternal darkness help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have the pal version of this game but I cant play it, after the poe quote appears the screen goes black, you can then see the introductory videos but once you get to the title screen the screen goes black and I cant start a new game, it happens in both direct3D and opengl and in both jitil and jit, I am using one of the latest dev version. Anyone knows how to fix this issue? Anyone else has the same issue?
Make sure you donĀ“t have a corrupt ISO.
Use Dolphin 4.0 for now; we're working on fixing the games so they don't need a hack. The hack was removed, but there is no fix yet.
(10-31-2014, 08:11 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Use Dolphin 4.0 for now; we're working on fixing the games so they don't need a hack. The hack was removed, but there is no fix yet.

So you can play the game using a hack? What hack?

WeirdWizard

Dolphin 4.0-563 is the last revision that plays Eternal Darkness.
4.0-564 removed the Sonic Unleashed hack that was required for the game.

For 563 look here: dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/3cfa04b5cf566e3c47b395b19ab551a2dc5c6918/
(11-02-2014, 04:01 AM)WeirdWizard Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin 4.0-563 is the last revision that plays Eternal Darkness.

For 563 look here: dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/3cfa04b5cf566e3c47b395b19ab551a2dc5c6918/

Thanks a lot! Question: is it possible to add that hack manually into the latest dev version?
(11-02-2014, 07:12 AM)talos91 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2014, 04:01 AM)WeirdWizard Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin 4.0-563 is the last revision that plays Eternal Darkness.

Thanks a lot! Question: is it possible to add that hack manually into the latest dev version?

try this in the gameini:
[Video]
ProjectionHack = 1
PH_ZNear = 5
PH_ZFar = 0.15

WeirdWizard

I can confirm that the above works. I'm playing Eternal Darkness in latest Dolphin and it's playable, although a little glitchy at times. The workaround/hack isn't perfect.
During a sequence the screen turned green in D3d and produced even more artifacts in openGL. It's only for a short moment, and it doesn't ruin the game, so it's playable so far.
Use RealXFB to fix the green stuff. The Widescreen Hack is a hack and shouldn't be expected to be perfect.
I confirm that in Dolphin version 4.0-4006 Eternal Darkness doesn't work correctly.

There is a black screen at the options menu
People are posting configuration options that do not exist in the emulator
The emulator only has OPENGL, DIRECT3D, and SOFTWARE RENDERER so what's with people saying to use DX9, DX10, DX11 like those options exist and are selectable to use when they aren't.
The person above me said to use Use RealXFB to fix the green stuff, however there is no such thing as RealXFB in the emulator I can find..How about explain where that option actually is in the emulator or at least say it's been removed or something.

So you might want to fix this or explain in detail what's going on and if those options do exist in the emulator then how do you access them...

Everything I posted about should have already been explained, as well as should be being explained after every change to the emulator.
Pages: 1 2