Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 1.80 Ghz 64 Bit ( 6 gig Ram )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Windows 7 and using Dolphin 4.0.2 ... I originally thought I was having issues with Spongebob Squarepants the Movie because the game was running very slow and the music was very choppy. However I am questioning my computer or setting now since I have tried other titles such as Super Monkeyball and Paper Mario only to find them slightly better speed wise but with the nasty sound issue. It sounds like my game is being played through a fan or a strong vibration. I have tried changing framerate from Auto to Audio as well as changing to 50 or 60 depending on Pal or NTSC ... I have tried disabling V-Sync ... I have tried changing EFB Copies from Texture to Ram ... I have also tried using many different versions of Dolphin from before 3.0 to 3.5 and beyond but have not been able to get anything to run smoothly with no issues. In the end I would be happy if I could a working version so the titles can run smooth. I do not need HD quality or the best settings; I just need a smooth running game so my son can enjoy. I greatly appreciate any help provided and will do everything I can to answer any questions you have . Thank you
Well to be honest, you're computer is way too weak. A few games might run reasonably, like LOZ Wind Waker. Turn EFB->Ram to Texture. If you are using LLE audio(Slower) you can set it to HLE audio(faster), but if you need LLE for a game then make sure "DSPLLE on a seperate thread" is checked. Besides that, all you can do is overclock your computer which won't give a massive speedup or you can buy a new computer.
(10-31-2014, 01:39 AM)lbj666 Wrote: [ -> ]I am running Windows 7 and using Dolphin 4.0.2 ... I originally thought I was having issues with Spongebob Squarepants the Movie because the game was running very slow and the music was very choppy. However I am questioning my computer or setting now since I have tried other titles such as Super Monkeyball and Paper Mario only to find them slightly better speed wise but with the nasty sound issue. It sounds like my game is being played through a fan or a strong vibration. I have tried changing framerate from Auto to Audio as well as changing to 50 or 60 depending on Pal or NTSC ... I have tried disabling V-Sync ... I have tried changing EFB Copies from Texture to Ram ... I have also tried using many different versions of Dolphin from before 3.0 to 3.5 and beyond but have not been able to get anything to run smoothly with no issues. In the end I would be happy if I could a working version so the titles can run smooth. I do not need HD quality or the best settings; I just need a smooth running game so my son can enjoy. I greatly appreciate any help provided and will do everything I can to answer any questions you have . Thank you

That's one of the first phenom processors that also has a low clock. If using the latest development version with the default settings doesn't help there is nothing else you can do about it. Those chips are also bad at overclocking if i remember correctly.
Phenom Quad core at 1.8 GHz? that sounds ancient...
Just a FYI, the exact model is the Phenom X4 9150 (from 2008). Note that it has almost the same single-core performance of my APU. http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Phenom-X4-91...MD-A6-1450