Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to rename a game/description?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried editing the details under the "Info" tab under "Properties" of a game, and I couldn't change anything. I opened the config to find nothing, so... I think this may be more complex that I had first thought. I only wish to do so because I have a separate ISO for Project M, and Dolphin can't tell the difference, they both show the same banner, description, etc. It'd just be more convenient. For that matter, I here you can also customize banners? Is this a hard thing to do?
One easy way (relatively speaking) is to just use a hex editor and change the relevant data. All of that text is stored in ASCI iirc, and in a hex editor, it should be easy enough to find this info by searching for strings of text, then change the necessary bytes.

Of course, it would probably be even easier using dedicated tools (like Wiimms or the Gamecube ISO Tool) if you want to do serious editing (like for the banner). But the actual game's name (the one Dolphin uses) is usually the first few dozen bytes of the image file, I think, so you can just edit that and be done with it if you just want to distinguish Project M and SSBB.
Dolphin recently added support for gametdb's titles.txt. You can download that, and edit titles to your heart's content.
Thank you both Big Grin.
You can also add it to the game ini:

[EmuState]
Title = anything you want

Or create your own titles.txt with just gameid = title, one per line.
As in, open the game's properties, edit config, and then:

[EmuState]
Title = Project M

I had tried this, but nothing changed. Did I miss something?

I had found out that if you go to "Show Defaults" instead of "Edit Config" you get what I see there. However, the option is dimmed out for some reason?

Keep in mind I don't actually want to "rename" the game, more so along the lines of rename the name next to the banner on the Dolphin main screen, or ISO directory screen. As in (BANNER) Project M.
Yeah, that's exactly what it does. Not sure why it didn't work, it works fine for me. Open up the ini file again and make sure it saved right?
Yeah it did. Odd O-o.
Are you using the latest version? Update if not.
I'm now using dev version 4.0-3954. Now it worked. Huh :i.
Pages: 1 2